PDA

View Full Version : Having your say

Will
30-01-2007, 05:54 PM
I thought I'd draw everyone's attention to this little nugget I found on the WCC site today.

However, the survey does highlight some areas for improvement. Only 23% of respondents were happy with the opportunities available to ‘have a say’ in how county council policies and services are developed, and just 31% felt well informed about how they can get involved in local decision making.

How satisfied are you? Council publishes results : Warwickshire News - Warwickshire Web (http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/corporate/newsstor.nsf/publicbycategories/797BA53F69145C7A8025726E00356662)

I'd like to think that this site's function is a way of helping redress the balance. If only I could get in touch with the 4,000 people interviewed and let them know about this site!

Madhatter
31-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Survey after bloody survey they send me, County Council , Borough Council, Housing Department.
Borough Council have sent the same survey three times, asking for my opinion of wheather or not they are crap at what they should be doing. The second one I filled in and told them yes totally 100%. Then I get another survey the same because they didn't get the first and second.
Housing, surveys for window cleaners and that i'll be charged, surveys for comunal cleaning and that i'll be charged, both of which i was told where included in the rent but now suddenlt aren't. Surveys on how they , the housing are performing(I think), surveys on planning department courtesy, surveys on planning department procedures.
I've had a few more, can't remember them all, but now I want a council survey on wasting money on surveys. :mad:

Madhatter
02-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Probably yes, but what I'm waiting for is answers as to why the county council can dump hardcore in the middle of an open road using a truck with no flashing lights, a digger with no flashing lights and leave the hardcore with no barriers round it and no warning signs. I emailed them last summer and got an automated response telling me i'd get an individual response soon. :rolleyes: I on the other hand put a few Christmas lights up and have to use barriers, cones, flashing lights, safety equipment, risk assesment etc.
The borough council has been in turmoil because they got zero rated,there was allegations of corruption, the police were involved, Mike OBrian got involved, then they sacked a guy cos he murdered someone years ago and done his time but didn't declare it. Since this I i get survey after survey after survey and more and more things are being charged for that I already pay for. North Warwickshire Borough Council and Warwickshire County Council are both incompetent, thats a fact and I needed no survey to come to that conclusion.