PDA

View Full Version : Respect Zones & Super Nannies

Will
24-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Has anyone else read about how they're going to be trying out one of the government's latest wacky schemes in Warwickshire? I think in Nuneaton is one of the 40 places in the country chosen for it.

They will have super nannies providing parenting classes, meetings between the police and the public, and intervention projects to tackle neighbours from hell.

All sounds very good, and I can definitely see the benefits. But this seems to me like all short term solutions, I really can't see this having and long lasting effects. Unless of course they intend to run these schemes in these areas indefinitely. Which sounds like an expensive solution, to a problem which could solved in far cheaper and more effective ways.

I could be wrong, but this seems like a waste of time to me.

chillitt
24-01-2007, 09:55 PM
its a fantastic bit of inversion.. respect used to be pretty much everywhere, now its nearly gone, its being 'introduced' as a new idea in these 40 areas, and the rest of us suddenly get labelled as non respect areas. God, i sound like my dad...

Madhatter
24-01-2007, 10:05 PM
We've already got a 'Mothers and Todlers centre' . It's apparently a centre where mothers can be taught how to be good mothers.
It was an old mobile classroom originally, which was Atherstones effort at marking the millenium, yes a a portable classroom from the 70's lol. Then to make it worse they got funding from somewhere to build a brand new brick monstrosity on the ribbon verge in King's avenue, Originally a tree lined entrance To the now demolished Atherstone hall.
Will All this spending of our money do any good? well, I can see the point in educating young parents, a lot of their parents are that useless they're hardly likely to learn anything from them.
I do fear that the seeds have been set with years of neglect and we now have a generation from the past 15 to 20 years left or leaving school that has no education, morals, or knowledge of right or wrong, or if they do they think they're above the law so choose to ignore it. Chav culture.

The only intervention That will work is neighbour hoods getting together and driving the scum out, with force if necessary.

Leofric
25-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Has anyone else read about how they're going to be trying out one of the government's latest wacky schemes in Warwickshire? I think in Nuneaton is one of the 40 places in the country chosen for it.

They will have super nannies providing parenting classes, meetings between the police and the public, and intervention projects to tackle neighbours from hell.

All sounds very good, and I can definitely see the benefits. But this seems to me like all short term solutions, I really can't see this having and long lasting effects. Unless of course they intend to run these schemes in these areas indefinitely. Which sounds like an expensive solution, to a problem which could solved in far cheaper and more effective ways.

I could be wrong, but this seems like a waste of time to me.

It's another waste of time. Coventry has 3 "Respect" areas. They keep trying scheme after scheme to help solve these problems, and nothing's improving. In fact, it's getting worse. The trouble is, these people are just dumb and don't want to learn or have any respect. It part of their way of life. We should either move them to somewhere where they don't bother everyone else or just send them down to the Falklands.

Will
25-01-2007, 05:42 PM
If they want respect to be restored, then they need to unshackle the Police from the bureaucracy and the threat of getting sued for the most minor of actions.

They also need the support of the courts, so that people are properly punished for their crimes.

Madhatter
25-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats not very nice leofric, you should be ashamed of yourself :(
Falkland islands have suffered enough already, leave them alone.

Where do we put them, all towns seem to have these rough areas and no matter what happens they stay rough or get rougher. Renovate them, rejouvenate them, spend millions, train them educate them and the estate still gets wrecked. Here one close was demolished,all the rough moved out, rebuilt as flats, and it looks like a war zone in the close again. Sons of the rough I assume. Put them all together in one estate and brick them in, forget about them. I don't see why my taxes are constantly being wasted on lost causes

Madhatter
25-01-2007, 10:01 PM
If they want respect to be restored, then they need to unshackle the Police from the bureaucracy and the threat of getting sued for the most minor of actions.

They also need the support of the courts, so that people are properly punished for their crimes.
Whats the point? Only serious offenders can be sent to jail now. :mad:

Shizara
26-01-2007, 05:06 PM
How is it that the person that tapped the Royal phone lines is sent to prison but the paedophiles are getting a suspended sentence??

Leofric
26-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Thats not very nice leofric, you should be ashamed of yourself :(
Falkland islands have suffered enough already, leave them alone.

Where do we put them, all towns seem to have these rough areas and no matter what happens they stay rough or get rougher. Renovate them, rejouvenate them, spend millions, train them educate them and the estate still gets wrecked. Here one close was demolished,all the rough moved out, rebuilt as flats, and it looks like a war zone in the close again. Sons of the rough I assume. Put them all together in one estate and brick them in, forget about them. I don't see why my taxes are constantly being wasted on lost causes

Okay, Pitcairn Island:-)

They've pumped so much into these estates it's sickening. Coventry City council had the best idea - they sold off all their housing stock to a private firm, who are demolishing a lot of it and building areas more mixed.

The problem is that a lot of housing was built around a local factory. Now these have gone, social problems have crept in and we're on the 3rd generation of Pikeys.