PDA

View Full Version : Oscar's Bar Stratford Upon Avon

Will
22-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Just wanted to rant a little about my former favourite bar. When this place first opened, it was a chilled out and friendly bar, with a great crowd, and good music.

Now though, partly due to it becoming a victim of it's own success, and partly greed. It's now hideously overcrowded, to the point where it is near impossible to move around. The bouncers are moody, rude, and on occasions aggressive. They now do the same as every other bar in Stratford, which is to play the same dull dance music you get in every other bar, and as loud as they possibly can, forcing you into a shouting competition. As if it wasn't smokey enough in there with a total lack of air conditioning, they now have a smoke machine to make the air as opaque and unbreathable as possible. On top of all this, you're now expected to pay £5 for the privilege!

On the whole, what was once a unique and refreshing change from the norm of every other bar in Stratford. Has now become just another hole with absolutely nothing unique to offer. Even the membership cards which were issued to us regulars, and which claimed to allow you to miss the cues, don't count for diddly squat.

Can you tell I'm upset?

JWR
23-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Ill second that Will . I didnt much like the £5 entry fee either - i think we should knock this of our route once and for all ---

Will
23-01-2007, 08:42 PM
It's very tempting, only problem is we'll be narrowing our already limited options. Looks like we're going to have to go ahead and open our own bar!

Will
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
The place is getting worse!!!

I was out with three of my friends last night, as we got turned away for being an 'all male group'. It didn't matter that we were all regulars there, and that we'd been drinking in the bar since it opened. Excuse my french, but this place has really got it's head stuck up it's own arse. :mad: