PDA

View Full Version : This Jade Goody Big Brother thing

Will
19-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Personally, I think the producers have hired Max Clifford to help boost flagging ratings, by making a mountain out of a molehill.

I haven't been watching BB, but for the first time I almost wished I had been. From what I've seen, it doesn't sound as bad as they're all making it? Or is it?

Personally, I think Jade is just thick and doesn't think about what she says, I don't think she's deliberately ignorant though.

Regardless, this is not headline news across the country, so what exactly is going on? The amount of coverage this is getting is absolutely extraordinary. Is the media justified in this mass hysteria?

chillitt
19-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Dear god, not here too!! is nowhere safe?:rolleyes: :D

optrex
19-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm with you Chillitt, never watch it, hate it, fed up of hearing about it, dont really care what happens to Jade, "The Indian" or any of the others.

Will
19-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I can't help it, I'm a forum geek, and like it or not it's the talk of the UK net. I feel I'd be failing in my duty as Admin if I didn't at least mention it here too. :)

Shizara
19-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Yawwwwn.... BB... What we really need is a rumour regarding more filming of Doctor Who locally..

ronlyre
20-01-2007, 12:47 PM
...that in a month or two we will see something on the lines of...JADE GOODY TAKES ELOCUTION LESSONS, or, MANNERS WITH JADE GOODY, or even JADE GOODY GOES TO CHELTENHAM LADIES COLLEGE. All put together by wonderful, caring Channel £.

Remember you read it here first.

Madhatter
20-01-2007, 03:43 PM
It's more complex than that and I doubt it was a publicity stunt, ch4 nearly had to pull the program and if that happened they'd have lost the franchise to big brother.
You may not like it but big brother is important to ch4 and it fits in with thier goal which is to create programs which cause debate.

The comments have been blown out of proportion. Using an aspect of someones race ie the food they eat is not in my view racist, it's just abusive and bullying. Jade doesn't dislike her because of her race, she dislikes her because she's up herself. Jade has made plenty insults about other things, servants etc.
REminds me of a typical witch hunt by the papers, anything or anyone to bully. Always reminds me of the way they wrecked our millenium dome. Had it in for it from day one because they had to que and didn't get priority. Same with the royals. Hate campaigns by the press.

optrex
20-01-2007, 04:55 PM
A lot of what you've said makes sense there mad

Will
21-01-2007, 02:55 PM
What makes me suspicious that it was a publicity stunt, was that BB's ratings where dropping badly, and that every other interview about the programme involves Max clifford.

As Mad said, it's been blown hidiously out of proportion, and I can't helping feeling someone's been pulling strings, and to be honest, this has Max clifford written all over it.

Madhatter
21-01-2007, 05:34 PM
By the Big brother you mean? using what jade said to their advantage? maybe but if they did I think they lost control of it when so many complained and governments got involved. They wouldn't have expected that would they.