PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Map on test

Will
15-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi all,

You may notice yet another new link in the navbar, the 'interactive map' utilizes googlemap, and allows members to add locator's at points of interest.

All locator's need to be moderated before they are made live, but hopefully this will be a perfect feature for this forum.

Please let me know of any problems in the suggestions and feedback area.

:peacefingers:

Will
15-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh, and just to make it easier to find, the link now works. :o

cathidaw
16-01-2007, 12:06 AM
[And talking of maps--would you like to know how 'someone' managed to go via St Alberts Dock, Liverpool when driving from Coventry -to- Newcastle Upon Tyne
It was easy!
Cathidaw

Madhatter
16-01-2007, 03:25 AM
If that was you you desserve a medal, no 'st' on Albert docks though by the way.
Go on then tell us how it's done, I take it you ended up on the M56 off the M6 and went through the tunnel comeing out the turned right and ended up on dock road. I know lancs really well considering I've lived in warwickshire apart from 6 months in liverpool.

I once made a monumentous c*** up I got sent to Dewsbury and didn't listen, I read the note and saw peterborough, not until I was there did I realise I'd read the senders address.
I batted it up the A1 but it was no good, it was too late. They were closed. I lied to get my way out of that one, so if your reading tim edwards I confesss :o and I'm sorry for telling pork pies.
Another time i had leicester, derby and tamworth. I did the leicester, got to derby, realised i'd left the wrong one at leiceseter, panicked and went back without checking which. I'd assumed it was the derby one. It wasn't. I could have done the deby one then gone back to leicester swapped and gone straight to tamworth. I ended going back to leicester, back to derby then tamworth. All through that I was getting call asking why I hadn't done and got the signatures yet.
They don't know how lucky they are having sat nav nowdays.

cathidaw
16-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Right --it was me!
I started out at 5 am as I had to be in Newcastle-upon Tyne by 12 noon.The M6 junction 3 was blocked by a load of fallen wood , so Ithought ,if Igo Birmingham way(my logic with no map) I stood a good chance of somehow veering to the right of the country somewhere along the line. Unfortunately-being Sunday a bridge or two were being dismantled or repaired and I had to take so many diversions, I got lost. A tour of two or 3 industrial estates later--no-one about being Sunday,-- I found a newsagent's shop, but no-one spoke English very well, just kept kindly nodding. A few more shops later eventually I was directed up another Motorway and arrived at Albert Dock.
Realising where I was, I asked at a garage the way to Leeds. The young Asian chap fetched his family and they all tried to tell me. . They were so concerned about me but I couldn't understand them, I dont think the knew where Leeds was anyway. Fortunately a sports car drew into the garage and the young man said 'follow me I'm going that way" Of course he lost me but Iwas on the right track. I belted across the Pennines to Leeds and got to Newcastle about 11-30--then got lost in the Metro Centre. The whole population of of Newcastle were shopping--taxis everywhere. Round and round Iwent . In desperation swerved in front of a very angry taxi driver who shouted directions and a few other things about women drivers. Iarrived at my destination dead on time to find that the people Ihad to meet had been held up for a couple of hours.
The Pennines looked beautiful that morning but I couldn't stop to see.
Iwent back a few months later., and it WAS beautiful.

Madhatter
26-01-2007, 06:02 PM
You sure it was the albert dock, as the only motorway near them is the otherside of the tunnel, albert dock is on the sea front(which seems obvious but some are further inland actually)right in the centre of the city, it's miles from the end of the m62 Rocket Fly over down Edge Lane. Dock road goes to the M57/M58 Switch Island Junction but is also miles.
I know that city better than anywhere other than Atherstone, It's lovelly in parts, terrible in some parts