PDA

View Full Version : Recycling

Will
10-01-2007, 11:00 PM
There seems to be a massive drive from local councils, the media, and politicians about environment at the moment. We used to have a paper recycling bin but it seems to have disappeared.

What are good ideas to help do you bit? I try to keep all unnecessary electrical equipment off, and keep the revs down in my car, but I'd like to do more.

chillitt
10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
i run my car on veggie oil, i dont fly, i recycle what i can (despite the councils best efforts..) i dont throw stuff away till its worn out completely, i scrounge stuff that others are chucking out, i even catch a certain ammount of my own food!and what i buy is usually locally grown from farm shops etc. and i dont use chemicals in the garden!:)
but, i dont make a fuss about it, theres lots of people who have 3 foreign holidays a year, and think they are being green by recycling the wrappers off food from the other side of the world, and printing off leaflets about the sin of having a 4x4... :rolleyes:

Shizara
10-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I used to have a veggie garden and would save kitchen scraps into a bucket with a lid, then dig them into the garden. Always had good crops without the use of chemicals and even enough to share!