PDA

View Full Version : Coventry buses

M4gg1c
29-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Whose crazy idea was it to re-route some of Coventry's buses?
There used to be four buses an hour which stopped outside my door; now there is only one every half-hour.
When I last went to the dentist, the bus took me straight there and it was a journey of about ten minutes.
Now, if I wanted to go again, I would have to catch a bus into town and another one out again, taking about five times longer and, if I had to pay, costing twice as much!
No wonder people use their cars for even the shortest journeys - they will never entice people on to public transport if they keep playing these daft tricks!
And I bet the person responsible earned him/herself a big, fat bonus for cutting the cost of the drivers' wages bill and increasing the revenue from fares!
Am I the only one frustrated by this - please let me know what YOU think.

skydakini
27-10-2007, 10:16 AM
:( yes i completely agree....i had a car for 2 years and now don't have one so using buses once again..the old adage of one never around and then 2 come along at once seems to be still true and then there is the really irritating thing of paying for a bus pass and not being able to use them on stagecoach and other buses which is annoying as would like to catch them sometimes but cannot unless i pay for them separately. However life is easier due to wonderful home deliveries by supermarkets now which makes big monthly shopping not such a pain so thats cool and saves me lots of wasted time - whey!! At same time would hate to be in area with cut bus services as not everyone can walk to the nearest bus stop which can be quiet significant and buses every half hour make waiting times potentially long which is not good in the cold so i do wish they would sort it out then maybe would not be saving up for a car again !!

asci
27-01-2008, 12:29 PM
They re-routed the Warwickshire stagecoach buses by us too and we have up to 4 buses passing our house every half hour as they go to the top of the road turn round at the island then come back down again.

Co-incidentally both of our cars have been damaged leaving red and blue scrapes down the side - had no witnesses so Stagecoach won't admit liability - even though it's blindingly obvious - They frustrated me so much I thought I'd build a website for them - see for yourself Stagecoach Bus (http://stagecoach-bus.co.uk)

They've cost me loads so far!!

Will
27-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi asci,

If you report it to the police, I'm sure they will test the paint and match it up. Looking at those pictures, it seems pretty obvious they will be a direct match.

Leofric
27-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think the police will be interested in this, and I doubt they'd go to the expense of getting paint tested. Have you tried the small claims court?

MysticAngel
10-02-2008, 11:19 PM
I Thimk The Coventry Buses/Routes are really good, they get you everywhere that you want to go. I have never had any problems with them. But then I do live on a Bus Route so that may make the Difference.

cathidaw
11-02-2008, 12:11 AM
living on a bus route must be perfect,
but if you have to walk a mile or so to the bus stop it's not funny
Many stops have been moved and it was not for the user's convenience.
Ithink the people who have made these decicions should have to use the buses for a month to see how difficult they have made it .