PDA

View Full Version : I need a new sport.

Sandman
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Anyone have any ideas for a new sport for me to take up? I used to do Tae Kwon Do in Stratford, but I didn't like the way it was all organised. Now I'm looking for another interesting sport to try, any suggestions? ;)

Abbie
13-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Have you tried rock climbing? There's plenty of indoor centers scattered around. The only reason I suggest it, is because I'm thinking of doing it myself. There's a place at the NEC in Brum that does it I think.

chillitt
19-03-2006, 03:06 PM
there is also a wall near aston uni, which is very good... getting to be too much like hard work for me though..:rolleyes:

Sandman
19-03-2006, 06:02 PM
You know, I like the idea of rock climbing. Thanks guys, I'm going to look into that. :)

GetFitMike
21-03-2006, 05:13 PM
You know, I like the idea of rock climbing. Thanks guys, I'm going to look into that. :)
I have always thought that a good ol' gym regime was good starting point for all athetics. In the gym you meet people from all different sports and you also meet lots of different people while doing so. You might even come across a sport that you never thought of doing!

Hope that helps!

Sandman
02-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't know if it counts as a sport, but I've decided to take up scuba diving, there's a course which will take you through the first three levels (I think) in Solihull, which I intend to take. It only costs £500 for all this; just have to wait for them to finish building their new training pool.

I'm quite excited about it. :)

Shizara
01-05-2006, 08:24 AM
You are all far too energetic for me. By the time I walk to the station and back each day - no car - and jump to a few daily conclusions I usually feel as though I have had a workout for the day ;-)

Steve W
23-08-2006, 11:37 AM
If you want something more chilled out, try snooker :D If you're any good, you can join my team :D

Lex
18-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I took archery up a couple of years ago (before The Hunger Games made it cool!) I'm really getting into it, now I'm starting to improve a bit.