PDA

View Full Version : Record Turn outs for Fox Hunts

Will
28-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Personally, I'm neutral as to the whole hunting debate. I'd never ever want to take part in it, but it's never actively try and prevent others from doing it either.

The interesting thing is, that since the ban on fox hunting with hounds, there have been record turn outs for the sport which carries on using loopholes found in the legislation! I'd speculate that this is an act of defiance by Joe Public.

Or is there another reason?

Reggie
28-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I think it's a natural reaction to a knee jerk response by the government. Pity they didn't give such a decisive response when far more people didn't want to go to war with Iraq. :(

ronlyre
28-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I would have thought the reason for the big public turnouts at the Boxing day hunts was obvious.
The people/the public are pleased to watch the spectacle now that they know the hunts are towing the line (geddit?) and using other methods to get their kicks, other than ripping a fox apart.

JohnnyG
29-12-2006, 10:36 PM
I agree with Reggie it is a natural reaction. Unfortunately it also comes down to the fact that no publicity is bad publicity.

Leofric
30-12-2006, 07:35 PM
I would have thought the reason for the big public turnouts at the Boxing day hunts was obvious.
The people/the public are pleased to watch the spectacle now that they know the hunts are towing the line (geddit?) and using other methods to get their kicks, other than ripping a fox apart.

Dream on - they're popular because the communities involved are making a stand against the law.

Anyway, it's Labour's only legacy - "We banned fox hunting." (But did bugger all else.)

I've just written a 91,000 novel about foxes.

Sarah
30-12-2006, 07:39 PM

Could we read an extract? :)

chillitt
30-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Dream on - they're popular because the communities involved are making a stand against the law.

Anyway, it's Labour's only legacy - "We banned fox hunting." (But did bugger all else.)

did my chickens get a mention?:( :rolleyes:

Leofric
30-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Could we read an extract? :)

If I manage to get it published! (Currently got a 26,000 word novella that is shortlisted for a US horror anthology. That's not about foxes!)

Leofric
30-12-2006, 08:58 PM
did my chickens get a mention?:( :rolleyes:

No, but I can put them in if you want:)

Abbie
31-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm not so sure, many of these so called animal rights protestors seem to have as little regard for animals as the people hunting them. Many of them seem to think it's OK to be cruel to humans bt not animals. Idiots IMHO.

Madhatter
03-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i'd agree with that abbie, they go on about foxes but kill mice and rats:confused:
I've not got involved in the fox hunting debate much because I can see both sides and think those that don't live in the countryside are biased towards saving animals without knowing the ways of the countryside. Foxes have to be controlled somehow, and that just happens to be one of the ways they were controlled.