PDA

View Full Version : Bored of hearing about Lady Di

Sarah
16-12-2006, 11:54 AM
She was a wonderful wondeful women, and helped modernise the Royal Family. But she died ten years ago, and I'm sick to death of hearing about her, why is the story still getting so much coverage after all these years? (Excluding recent events)

I wanted to know if anyone else was sick of the circus?

Shizara
16-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Irrespective of the facts behind her death, it won't bring her back, she has left a legacy of 2 sons who have now grown into young men who may well be princes but they are different in character, each reflecting something of their mother. To a large degree they will live within the constraints of Royal life. A life of priviledge but also a life where their private life tends to be of public interest - or scandal rag interest.

We will likely never know the details but for all the bad people see there was also good. She gave her sons as normal an upbringing as possible and I am sure they will both be forever thankful for that decision.

As for the circus, yes, it has been a media circus and one they know will incur a lot of mileage for them. I think closing the show would be a positive move.

Diana will live on in her sons.

Shizara
15-06-2007, 09:05 AM
I didn't bother watching it. Clearly the feelings of Princes William and Harry matter less than boosting ratings and courting more controversy. Diana's sons have surely been through more than enough.

cathidaw
15-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree. Last night on tv I caught sight of the two princes discussing their mother with genuine feeling.
I know she would have been proud of the way they have grown up.
Like herself , and slightly rebellious , which endears them to most people.
The media should drop all the hype about her death, She's gone ,and no-one will ever know the real truth.