PDA

View Full Version : Let's have our own Burning Waste man.

Will
16-12-2006, 02:02 AM
I don't know if anyone else saw the news story of the Margate Burning Man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/5394550.stm

But it looked like an amazing event, and I think it would be good to have one in Warwickshire Somewhere. We don't have many unusual events round here, and this might be what the country needs. Perhaps it could even become a tradition, to coinside with the summer solstice perhaps?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42149000/jpg/_42149276_sculpture_pa250.jpg

Imagine how good that would be. :)

Sarah
16-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Great idea! I saw a programme about this on TV. Are you going to organise it WIll? :)

Will
16-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Sure, have you got any spare wood? :)

I'd love to organise something like this, I'd probably throw it at Long Marston Airfield, plenty of room there. Could be an all day event maybe, have the Solstice in the morning, then the burning at night?

Shizara
16-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a whole load of fun to me... Chillitt have you got your camera primed and ready?

ronlyre
18-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Before you go promoting things like this I hope you've spent some time thinking carefully about the Health and Safety aspects?
Also, now I come to think of it, do I detect a hint of exclusion here? I see no reference to a Burning Woman?

optrex
18-12-2006, 10:13 PM
What about the additional council tax hike to cover the carbon emissions?

....it really is disgraceful :nono:

chillitt
19-12-2006, 09:17 AM
couldn't we just have a gently illuminated, non-gender specific, enthically neutral figurehead? the event should be inclusive, and certainly not promoting any hierarchical or skills based ideas of agranisment, and without traditional role model reinforcement. possibly with theatre groups from around the world, and maybe workshops on mutual self realisation through tambourine playing, and such like?

it would be dull as ditchwater, but think of the grants we could get...:eek:

Will
19-12-2006, 04:29 PM
We could sell it as the most politically correct festival in the world! That beats 'The world's thinnest bridge' hands down!

optrex
20-12-2006, 08:05 AM
It would have to be a totally serious event; not a hint of irony within 10 miles.
;)

Doesn't look like many will be allowed to attend then ;)

Madhatter
24-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I'd rather something be built that can be kept, like the wicker man by the motorway.
There's tyres and all sorts in that sculpture.