PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Will
16-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Just wondered if anyone is watching this programme? I got hooked on the first series, even though it is painfully painfully slow. I'm enjoying the second series on C4 now, but it's proving just as slow and provides more questions then actual answers.

Any speculation on how it will all end? Or will it just get dragged out until they've milked it dry?:unsure:

Leofric
16-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Just wondered if anyone is watching this programme? I got hooked on the first series, even though it is painfully painfully slow. I'm enjoying the second series on C4 now, but it's proving just as slow and provides more questions then actual answers.

Any speculation on how it will all end? Or will it just get dragged out until they've milked it dry?:unsure:

I've seen it up until episode 20 of the 2nd season. It gets very boring, cliched and a bit too sentimental and corny for my tastes at times.

HOWEVER,

It then gets darker again... So I keep watching. I hate all that jangly piano stuff at the end.

I think it'll get dragged out. There's no way they can end something like this in a satisfying way now.

chillitt
16-05-2006, 11:14 PM
apparently..(the internet is a wonderful thing..) there are scripts for another 4 series...:eek:

Abbie
23-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Dear God, it really will be a shadow of it's former self by then. I can already see some of the main cast leaving, and the script writer having to come up with implausable ideas to cover the huge plot gaps.

I think Farscape is the only sci-fi series in recent years, that I've known to have a satisfying and final conclusion. When they were eventually talked into making it that is.

torchomatic
01-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Before they even started filming, the makers worked out how they could make the show last for 5 seasons!

I must admit to get a little fed up with Season 2 and haven't bothered watching the last three episodes stacked up on my Sky+ box.

Will
01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Tell me about it, the two most recent episodes haven't advanced the plot one iota. I'm starting to see how it might stretch out to five series now, hopefully by the end of season five, the two groups will have actually met up. :)

Will
05-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Well, what did everyone think of the end to season two? It was quite a reasonable ending I though, at least they answered a few questions. However I am concerned about season three (which starts today in the USA I think), I can't help feeling they're going to develop the plot more outside the island then in. I think they must be getting as bored as we are of seeing all the character's dark pasts, so theyr'e going to fill it with that women's quest to find the island.

Who knows, I don't know if I can face another drawn out and slow moving series though.

Steve W
11-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Frustrating!!! It's a good programme, but they really should look at finishing it in the next series, even though rumours are that the US tv network it's shown on has commissioned SEVEN series. I honestly don't think it'll hold it's popularity that long. It's in danger of being dubbed LOST INTEREST

Madhatter
16-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Aparantly so the script writers were saying its been written so that they can make up to 11 series, although obviously if they decide to do less there'll be a quicker ending. By the souinds of that 7 series are concrete.
It's too dragged out to me, the first one recaps, the second tells us what we didn't see but has nothing much to do with the plot at all so far, the rest are seemingly plot drifts with tiny nuggets of info in present and flashback, leaving the major plot moving until the last 4 episodes.
Us has just started screening the first 6 episodes of season three, they'll have to wait until next year to see the rest of it so I'm led to believe.
The ending of our season two before their season thre began gave me a once only opportunity to go and delve into all the us sites without fear of coming accross spoilers. Now its restarted I can't, I can only go to ch4.
I did have a long list of observations and questions but I'm not sure if I should post incase someone answers thats watching the us season three.