PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday

Crunchie
16-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Does anybody know if there any event on Bank Holiday Monday - 29th May???

Festivals - Partys in the Park etc etc

I need to do "entertain" that day and don't fancy travelling too far as I get back from a boozy holiday at 1 in the morning..

Thankyou please!!!:D

Will
16-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Sadly for me I'm working again (is that a small violin I hear playing), but at least I get double-time pay. :)

Leofric
16-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Does anybody know if there any event on Bank Holiday Monday - 29th May???

Festivals - Partys in the Park etc etc

I need to do "entertain" that day and don't fancy travelling too far as I get back from a boozy holiday at 1 in the morning..

Thankyou please!!!:D

29th of MAY!!!!!!!

THE SOFT MACHINE LEGACY live in COVENTRY CATHEDRAL!

Classic Jazz/Rock fusion band from the "canterbury" scene in the 1970s...

AND....

RICHARD SINCLAIR, founder member of "Caravan" (Another Canterbury group) and also a member of HATFIELD AND THE NORTH... Classic Prog Rock group from the 1970s...

There is only ONE PLACE I'll be on that day!

Leofric
19-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Caravan are brilliant! I came across them at the Isle of Wight last year; it's a shame they're not all that big anymore. Their CDs are still available in HMV though.

Yup, they're a fine band - the whole Canterbury scene is/was incredible - Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North, etc.

I just received the final Caravan CD this morning from Amazon.

I don't know if they're still going - their website has been quite for a year, and I know that the Drummer has been ill. Two other members are touring this year as support to John Lees' Barclay James Harvest.

Leofric
19-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Caravan are brilliant! I came across them at the Isle of Wight last year; it's a shame they're not all that big anymore. Their CDs are still available in HMV though.

Yup, they're a fine band - the whole Canterbury scene is/was incredible - Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North, etc.

I just received the final Caravan CD this morning from Amazon.

I don't know if they're still going - their website has been quite for a year, and I know that the Drummer has been ill. Two other members are touring this year as support to John Lees' Barclay James Harvest.