PDA

View Full Version : Any foreigners? :)

Elena
12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
If not - I'm the first http://www.warwickshireonline.com/images/smilies/Welcome.gif
:Welcome:

Did you know why is English so hard to learn? :)

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present
the present.
8) I did not object to the object.
9) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
10) They were too close to the door to close it.
11) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
12) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

Let's face it - English is a crazy language. :)

Elena
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
P.s. Would you recomend any nice shared flat/ house in Warwick/ Coventry to rent a room? Best in the castle.

http://warwickshireonline.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

Will
12-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Welcome Elena. :)

Yes our language is a bit crazy, I'm not sure I've fully mastered it myself. :D

So where are you from?

Will
12-05-2006, 08:15 PM
P.s. Would you recomend any nice shared flat/ house in Warwick/ Coventry to rent a room? Best in the castle.

http://warwickshireonline.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

Are you looking for somewhere quiet, or with good night life, or something in between? Or something else entirely? :)

One of the adverts you'll see appear at the top links to one of our member's websites, she may have some places to rent on her website.

Sandman
14-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Welcome Elena!

Stratford is a nice town, and it's getting quite good for going out in now, though a few more bars wouldn't hurt. It's quite a scenic town too.

Shizara
14-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Hiya Elena and welcome.

I am from NZ so I could be defined as a foreigner but I think you will find that no matter what country you are from there is a welcome on the mat to you.

optrex
27-09-2006, 04:01 PM
I live in staffordshire so I'm a foreigner - lol

Shizara
30-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Ah well, you are still a very welcome member of the community.

Imagine the nasty shock when I arrived at Heathrow the first time over 12 years ago with my Kiwi passport - bad move that one, but nobody told me anything different. There appeared to be two queues. Those in the EU and Aliens. Where once the Commonwealth nations were considered friends because we were not members of the EU then we had now become aliens. I arrived at the window for interrogation. I noted that I was the only one of the pale skintones in this queue that snaked through the airport. The person behind the window was rude and abrupt - likely due to being tired and a seemingly endless queue. I vowed I would never return on my Kiwi passport. Thanks to my parentage I was easily able to qualify for a British passport and returned with that. Through the EU queue no problem at all and with only a quick passport check. Have to say it was a learning experience and a half.