PDA

View Full Version : Railways

Leofric
30-11-2006, 05:25 PM
According to the local press, there are plans to introduce direct train links between Nuneaton and Leamington. This will also include new stations in Kenilwoth, Nuneaton (Bermuda park) and at the Ricoh Arena...

If the plan's a success, the service may be extended to run between Coleshill -> Nuneaton -> Coventry -> Leamington -> Stratford...

So, combined with the Sprint superbus, it looks like the region's public transport is going to see some huge improvements. It's about time the line through Coventry was utilised properly.

[Someone here was banging on about trams going to Atherstone -> Stratford, I assume they got their wires crossed and this the plan they were talking about...]

optrex
30-11-2006, 09:39 PM
sounds like a great idea and would hopefully negate the need to travel in a [ shape to get to where you are going on the motorway network

Will
30-11-2006, 11:42 PM
If they can get people using it, it could potentially take a lot of traffic off the road, what a blessing that would be!

Now if they could just create a railway line from my front dorrstep to my workplace.

Shizara
01-12-2006, 08:31 AM
... and definitely a service that runs after the last train from New Street to Leicester at 22.15 and certainly a couple before 6.31 in the morning and I might save a few pennies in very expensive taxi fares or staying over at New Street.