PDA

View Full Version : Family Search

elimag800
24-11-2006, 10:00 PM
I am looking for any family of Arthur H Nichol ( my Grandmother Beatrice Seymours first husband) born about 1896 ,when they married in Rugby he was a signalman,also searching for any family linked to Beatrices Father John Seymour born c 1866,also Johns wife Annie Gilbert,her Father was George Gilbert. any info much appreciated Thank you.Eli x

Will
25-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Eli,

I'm not from that area, but good luck in your search! Hopefully someone else here will be able to help you.

Shizara
25-11-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't mind doing a few family history lookups but it would help a bit to know a bit more ie you said that Arthur Nicol and Beatrice Seymour married in Rugby. Then likely she was born there and perhaps 1902 is a likely year of birth? Is it likely that the Gilberts and the Seymours are from Rugby? With regard to Arthur Nicol do you have any thoughts as to where he might have been from? Even Leicestershire, Warwickshire etc would be a starting point.

elimag800
25-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you Will
Shizara has already offered to help.

elimag800
25-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Shizara
Iv`e just left you a message on Genesreunited,I`m all over the place.
Where did you get the Banana man jumping up & down from and do I have a banana man anywhere ?

elimag800
25-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Ok I am having a stupid moment or is it a senior moment,you are not psychic I just didn`t realise what I had put in my message dah !:eek: :eek:

Shizara
26-11-2006, 02:05 AM
Giggles, we will overlook that :rolleyes:

:Welcome: to our corner of the world.

Shizara
26-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Banana man. I used him in my signature. Go to User Control Panel - Edit Signature and click the "more" on the icons.

elimag800
26-11-2006, 10:39 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: guess what Iv`e found ?

Shizara
26-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Bananaman!!

Shizara
26-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Twin sister to Beatrice is Annie?

elimag800
27-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi Shizara
Yes Annie known as Nancy she married a William Edwin Davies or Davis in London 1941 he retired from the Metroplolitan Police inthe 50s then emigrated to New Zealand,her son George not their son her son married a Winifred Joyce Brown they had 4 sons & a daughter one of their sons Barry lives in Rugby ,I am in contact with him but have not really given us any info.
where are your family from ?
My cats are doing the usual, sitting in front of computer screen for attention wouldn`t mind but the boyfriend does the same.:cat:
:105:
I`m so having fun with these icons (fantastic)
El x

Shizara
27-11-2006, 10:23 AM
My last cat used to sit on a shelf between the kitchen and where my computer was situated. When she felt like a cuddle it was as and when *she* was ready. If you thought you would finish something first it was case of "Coming, ready or not!" Next minute she would either leap over the monitor and land on you or carefully step on the monitor to the desk, casually stroll across the keyboard often causing the computer to begin closing down in the process and if she missed the keys that triggered it she would then step down to your lap, and curl up to sleep. You look at your screen and if you had been typing you now had the inclusion of some TTT - Tuddy Tat Text.

Shizara
27-11-2006, 10:25 AM
My family one one side are from Lancashire, with IoM and Irish connections and on the other side, East London.

elimag800
27-11-2006, 10:13 PM
My Mum has Irish family her great Grandfather from Sligo beautiful place went for our Holidays didn`t do much research ,just so taken back by the country didn`t want to come back ,although I missed my Boys(cats)
one of them is a witches cat (jet black) with green eyes ,sometimes a little vacant but prone to mad half hours when his ass is trying to overtake his head called him Kevin hes 8,then I have my ex brother-in-laws cat Dinky no I didn`t name him he looks and acts like a girl,hes 15 he has boundaries & attitude ( I have scars to prove it ) he s just started to scream for no apparent reason other than attention seeking.I actually got my present job because the lady that interview me said she was impressed with my knowledge of animal psychology,how strange is that,I never got chance to tell her I had also read quite a bit on Humans.
El x:)

elimag800
27-11-2006, 10:17 PM
What is Iom?
Oh my Uncle Ron lived in Theebine,Queensland when I first found him in 2000.
My Dad said Nancy(annie) s husband William Edwin Davies was Editor of a newspaper in New Zealand they also had a sheep farm he can`t remember where but he`ll try & dig some letters out.
El x

Shizara
27-11-2006, 11:07 PM
IoM - Isle of Man

It might come as a surprise but there are more sheep than people down there. Another surprise might be that the government taxes famers a fart tax for cattle. Aside from that.... the bigger newspapers down there include the NZ Herald - that seems to have been around since Noah was in nappies, and the Auckland Star.

elimag800
27-11-2006, 11:31 PM
well Dad remembers a letter saying aunt Nancy couldn`t write this time because of the Lambing whether that was Nancy or the sheep nobody knows apparantely Nancy was quite a girl,so William had written about the sheep that is not Nancy,Which reminds me I was first Married to a Welshman he couldn`t sing though,thats not the reason we divorced ,3s a crowd just didn`t take to his girlfriend(she had terrible taste in men ha !