PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Don't-Do-It-Yourself

M4gg1c
30-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Can anybody tell me how to fix a leaky showerhead? I'm sure there is a simple answer but my husband is useless at DIY (and so am I) and I am not keen to pay a call-out charge of £50 or more to some plumber who's going to treat me like an idiot (haha)

Will
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Is it the actual head that's broken? Usually you can get replacement parts for these quite easily, probably even online by now.

Bubblychick
02-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Tell me about it.

Reluctantly I've been trying to get a plumber out (to fix my bath taps, 1 doesn't work, other will go any time)

and also a heating engineer - as central heating as stopped working.
and I have a few other probs in that dept too.

Having called numerous ones for free quotes, the couple that bothered to return my call I didn't feel comfortable with after they'd been.

Sooo, the search goes on!

Many of them are sooo ignorant, just ignoring my messages.

Even if they are busy now, not very good customer relations is it!??

Ahhhh, thats better... Moan Over!

BC

chillitt
02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
to get these tradesmen out, all you need to do is ask properly.
tell them you want a whole new central heating system installed, could they come and have a chat, and while they are there could they sort out a couple of niggly little jobs while you get the quotes sorted.:cool:

M4gg1c
02-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Chillitt but I'm not brave enough to do that! The only thing wrong with my shower is that it drips - I want someone to tell me that it only needs a replacement washer and where to put it - in the nicest possible way of course!