PDA

View Full Version : Mousie trouble

Shizara
25-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought my cordless mouse needed new batteries... so replaced them... the cursor still wouldn't move and I thought... aaargh... might need to get a new one. If only I had gotten the magnifying glass out I would have seen an off centre tummy button on the mouse underside and if pressing that didn't work then there is another one on the transmitter... all sorted now and saved the need for a replacement.

- I learnt something useful today I did. :yippee:

Will
04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Isn't it a great sense of victory when you do something like that. :)

Steve W
11-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I got rid of my mireless mouse. It was more hassle than it's worth. Kept failing all the time. So frustrating.

optrex
11-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I got rid of my mireless mouse. It was more hassle than it's worth. Kept failing all the time. So frustrating.

I agree, the best balance is a wire mouse, but make sure its OPTICAL

Steve W
11-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah. I would never use a ball mouse ever again. I have a tiny little usb microsoft optical mouse

Shizara
11-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I have a better wireless mouse on the PC now and it is much better behaved.

Madhatter
11-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I miss my microsoft trackball. One day I'll get round to rewiring it.

Steve W
12-10-2006, 08:36 AM
I could never get the hang of those track ball types. The ball on the top just confused me LOL

Madhatter
12-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Tbh they aren't that precise, the ball bearings get clogged and the wheel sticks. I'll strip it down and klean it one day. I liked it because there's no need for a mouse mat.
Wireless keyboards... I just don't get it. Keyboards don't move so why would anyone want a wireless one!

Steve W
12-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I have a wireless keyboard. Makes it easier when dusting as I just pick it up and put it on a chair or on the floor out of the way LOL :D

They're also handy in the office if there are loads of wires flying around everyone

Madhatter
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
LOL excuses for buying one, flying wires :D

Steve W
13-10-2006, 08:54 AM
The wire situation at home is dire. Behind my computer desk I have a mass of wires that I try my best (and fail) to keep untangled. There are 2 wires for my monitor, 8 for my surround sound system, one for the PC, one for my wireless receiver, one for my mouse, three for my modem, i've got rid of my printer so at least that's 2 less *LOL*

Shizara
13-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Hmm.... like a rats nest? Mine needed attention recently, they were in a right state. I do have a wireless router, but the RISC OS needs to have a cable so a cable trundles from the router, under the carpet edge to the switch so at least that one is mostly invisible. The rest are behind the PC workstation, so out of sight out of mind until I have to do something behind the computer and pull it out from the wall.

cathidaw
11-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I have solvad my problem of the spaghetti mess behind my computer by fixing a matching panel to the side of the open sided computer desk.
Now I can't see it.

optrex
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
battery mouse/keyboards are horrid. I think I may have said that before - optical-fine, battery - no way