PDA

View Full Version : The WELCOME mat is rolled out..

Shizara
21-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I see a number of new members of late. A very big :Welcome: to all of you.

Don't forget to introduce yourselves, it also helps break the ice and make further posting easier for those who are new to forum posting.

If you like to rhyme a few words together, feel free to add to the continuous poems that are here. You will find them in the Warwickshire & Coventry Groups
section under Poets Corner.

Enjoy WarwickshireOnline, I hope you visit us often.

Shizara

Will
21-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I'd also like to extend my welcome, it's always great to see new members joining. It's great to see us hit 100 members, it's a good first milestone to reach.

With each new member, the better the site becomes. :)

Madhatter
22-10-2006, 04:02 AM
I'd like to give a very warm welcome to Michelle, the 100th member of Warwickshire online.
Party time :beerchug: :dancingparty:

presie for michelle :biggringift:

Will
02-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Thought I'd bring this thread to the fore again, as we seem to getting a lot of new members, which is fantastic. A big welcome to you all. :)

Sandman
02-01-2007, 12:26 PM
A belated welcome from me too! Even if I don't post on here nearly as often as I should..........:D

Shizara
31-01-2007, 10:06 AM
This forum is growing well and it is really good to see. The numbers have gone on increasing since Will brought the thread back to the fore at the beginning of this month.

Once again, a very warm welcome to our new members.

cathidaw
03-02-2007, 04:18 PM
This is the best chatline I have been on-now it's the only one-no time for any more.
I'm not sure how to navigate I just mess around but it seems to be working.

(Incidentally when is a new member an old member):peacefingers:

what is a trackback?
how to start a new thread?
and call me thick

Will
03-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Definately the best way to learn is to play around with the forum. :)

I'm not sure when a new members becomes an old one. I think there may be some mid-ground between the two.

Trackback shows if someone is linking to a certain thread from another website, and allows you to see their site. Or something like that, I'm not terribly sure.

To start a new thread, just click on the forum you want to start your thread in, and you should see the 'New Thread' button near the top of the page. JUst click on that and the rest is easy.

:)

optrex
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
what is a trackback?

This may help you both http://www.warwickshireonline.com/forum/misc.php?do=linkbacks

jobee
03-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Nice to see another midlands website getting out of itself, talk, argue, enjoy the tussle, but dont hate when you lose one.

Shizara
03-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice to see another midlands website getting out of itself, talk, argue, enjoy the tussle, but dont hate when you lose one.

We certainly don't sit on passive back seats here. I feel priviedged to be a member of this forum whereby we can, as jobee said, talk, argue and enjoy the tussle. People don't always have to agree, being different is what makes people the unique individuals that they are.

Enjoy the debates - I certainly do. Each time I come here I look forward, with much interest to see if an existing thread has been added to or if there are new ones.

Keep enjoying, keep posting, keep debating, but again, as jobee says... "don't hate when you lose one." It's not about point scoring, but we certainly have our wits, minds and imaginations sharpened.

Madhatter
04-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Why join a forum if you don't even post? I've got a forum full of them, haven't even got the decency to say hello.

optrex
05-02-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL MH, lurkers! the bain of every forum!
Just think how much more enjoyable a forum would be if they did post

Madhatter
05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I've done all sorts to try to get people to post but there's this rivaly thing with the other site, mind you thats dead now too.
Game threads, quizes, hobbies, chat, events news, events pics, old pics, local history but no nothing, a nice load of dross being posted would be lovely.
I just think of it as a blog really now and if people want to comment they can.
I never moved the stuff about because i've been told what isn't helping is that the url has no content because it's a hosted site and i'm still thinking of changing to my own server. I'm going with aso if I do because they're cheap, no point having quality and paying if few people are on. When I work out how to upload via ftp i'll do it. Then I'll Reorganise.

All this shows just how well this site is doing at what is a very quiet time for most other forums.

cathidaw
05-02-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd like to give a very warm welcome to Michelle, the 100th member of Warwickshire online.
Party time :beerchug: :dancingparty:

presie for michelle :biggringift:

Hallo Michelle --100th member indeed !! Well done--But;
You dont know what you are letting yourself in for with this site.

I have not been a member fo long but cannot keep away.

My house is going to pot, the sink is full of dishes, can just about see out of the windows, but I keep thinking one more look before I COOK-WASH -CLEAN-GO OUT-WORK and another half hour has gone

I feel a right slob as I lurk instead of work. I am usually quite efficient.
I'm now trying to match Jobee with a poem, -not so clever of course, but hopefully a bit more cheerful.

Incidentally Will what number was I on the membership list?

Madhatter
05-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Shame she joined and couldn't even be bothered to post though, I even made her a cake.:(

optrex
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
time will tell, she may come back.
A monthly newsletter, will get her on track

Oh God, I'm stuck in poet mode :105:

Madhatter
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
lol that thread was funny. Threads go from poetry to criticism to humour.