PDA

View Full Version : home sick

jeannette griffiths
22-04-2006, 02:12 PM
looking for people to talk to who possibly went to school with me,george st or nico.As i live in wales miss home,sometimes would be nice to know whats changed in the area whats going on etc.my maiden name was lambert lived in lovell rd bedworth.

Will
22-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the message boards Jeannette, I hope you get to meet some old friends here. :)

It sounds like a very nice life you've got yourself in Wales, I think I could handle getting to walk on a beach whenever I wanted. :)

Leofric
22-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the message boards Jeannette, I hope you get to meet some old friends here. :)

It sounds like a very nice life you've got yourself in Wales, I think I could handle getting to walk on a beach whenever I wanted. :)

Unless you live in the mountains:-)

Will
22-04-2006, 05:19 PM
I could probably handle a brisk walk on the mountains too, providing it was nice and scenic of course. :)

jeannette griffiths
23-04-2006, 11:33 AM

So chillet thinks bed uth is bandit country,well he must be mistaking it for somewhere else.Bedworth was never that lively.Imust be missing loads,but then again i guess your right,being ableto walk 5mins to the beach and chill with a bottle of wine isnt that bad afterall.

jeannette griffiths
23-04-2006, 11:40 AM
:yippee:

Unless you live in the mountains:-)

Yes hopefully i will,lost touch with lots of people.And by the way,the mountains look nice from where i ambut to far,full of sheep.Much better by the beach.

Leofric
23-04-2006, 12:14 PM
So chillet thinks bed uth is bandit country,well he must be mistaking it for somewhere else.Bedworth was never that lively.Imust be missing loads,but then again i guess your right,being ableto walk 5mins to the beach and chill with a bottle of wine isnt that bad afterall.

Bedworth is usually known as Banjo Playing country.

chillitt
23-04-2006, 04:37 PM
i must plead guilty to not having been there!!!:eek:
my opinion was informed by a friend who was a police officer there for a while. i have seen pictures of the place from the 1930s and it looks lovely.....:hihi:

jeannette griffiths
24-04-2006, 01:27 PM
i must plead guilty to not having been there!!!:eek:
my opinion was informed by a friend who was a police officer there for a while. i have seen pictures of the place from the 1930s and it looks lovely.....:hihi:

it would have been a dirt track and mudhuts then,they have only just discoverd microwave ovens.Thats why they call it bedrock

marcus maximus
24-04-2006, 05:00 PM
how can you miss Bedworth ? i sometimes have to go through there when i am cycle training - errrrrrr. Don't you have to have 6 fingers on each hand to live there - i hate to say it, but i have a uncle (who i havn't seen for years) that lives there.
He went on holiday to Greece in the 80's and when he came back he converted his lounge to a greek taverna - bar with drapping fishing nets (i'm serious) greek music and copious bottles of ouzo.....only Bedrock , god bless em!:105:

Will
24-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Lol, welcome to the boards Marcus. :)

Leofric
24-04-2006, 10:35 PM
how can you miss Bedworth ? i sometimes have to go through there when i am cycle training - errrrrrr. Don't you have to have 6 fingers on each hand to live there - i hate to say it, but i have a uncle (who i havn't seen for years) that lives there.
He went on holiday to Greece in the 80's and when he came back he converted his lounge to a greek taverna - bar with drapping fishing nets (i'm serious) greek music and copious bottles of ouzo.....only Bedrock , god bless em!:105:

Good swimmers, though. Webbed feet help.

jeannette griffiths
25-04-2006, 10:14 AM

What do you mean errr,has it changed that much,if so you must be brave
going through it on a bike.Nothing wrong with greek tavernas,theyre fun.Wouldnt like one next door though.

Shizara
25-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Bedworth, have been twice. Both times to Tesco. First time by train and that railway station is spooky later in the day. The next time by bus. Coming back the bus went down a road with all the judder bars/speed humps/sleeping policemen - depends where you are from - felt a bit like the words of the Elvis Presley song... o/' all shook up ... o/' - I'll stick with Asda in Nuneaton thanks.