PDA

View Full Version : Any good comedy nights?

Reggie
20-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I know of Cox's yard in Stratford, and Shakspearience. I know the Shakes has had some pretty mediocre at best comedians, not sure about Cox's. Wondering if there are any other good comedy nights in Warks worth going to?

Bubblychick
27-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi Reggie

The showcase have started to hold comedy nights which is £12.50 and
there are 4 comedians on stage for that.

I was thinking of organising a group of us from this board to go but not sure if there would be enough interest.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll see what interest there is.

Will our forum administrator is happy for me to do this.

It could be our first message board get together.

The date that I was thinking about is Saturday 10th June.

Bubblychick

Leofric
28-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I know of Cox's yard in Stratford, and Shakspearience. I know the Shakes has had some pretty mediocre at best comedians, not sure about Cox's. Wondering if there are any other good comedy nights in Warks worth going to?

I think a pub in Earlsdon does them occasionally, and of course, Warwick Arts Centre as comedians on. The Belgrade theatre has that Jongleurs on occasionally, but I think it's closed down while they built their extension.

You could always go into Coventry and laugh at the natives.:p

Miss Annaphylactic
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Just seen Reggie's message about the Shakes having mediocre acts at the comedy club, at best. I'd like to appeal this!

I book all acts alongside comedy industry veteran (and stand up), Geoff Whiting from Mirth Control. Most of our comedians are received very well with audiences returning month after month - with shows selling out on a regular basis. Of course, there are the odd acts that have 'off nights', or just don't go down well with the audience, but that is a rare occurence!

If you've not been to The Shakes Comedy Club yet you should definitely come and see for yourself. We do it differently to anywhere else locally - providing a fantastic setting in our timbered playhouse, with cabaret style tables and chairs, candle light and waitress service for drinks and nibbles - a proper 'high-class' comedy experience.

Hope to see some of you there! Comedy Clubs run on the last Friday of every month, start at 8.30pm (finish between 10.30/11.00 depending on the headline act), tickets £10 - can book online: www.shakespearience.co.uk

Anna

Marketing & Events Director
Shakespearience

Reggie
15-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Apologies, my critique was a little on the harsh side. I've only been the once, and my friends aren't the best judges either. I know you have different acts, and I'm sure they're well worth going to see. :)

Miss Annaphylactic
26-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Apology accepted, Reggie! Ha ha. Everyone has their own taste and who I am to try and argue against that, but in my opinion (having frequented many sweaty stand up clubs!), our acts are pretty damn good!

While i'm on the point, don't miss Robin Ince on 13th October - he is largely known for his performances on Ricky Gervais' DVD, and also for his performance in The Office. He is on his UK tour this month and stopping off at Shakes for one night only to do his thing (just him, no supports). Starts at 8.30pm and tickets are £10.

Be there or be square!!

Anna

Will
27-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I went to this last Friday, and I have to say it was pretty good. The first act and the last act were both really good, especially the last one. The one in the middle died a bit of a death sadly, but the concierge was very good as well.

I'd definitely recommend going if you're after something a bit different in Stratford.