PDA

View Full Version : Poets corner?

Will
16-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi Folks,

It seems we have several talented poets on our boards, if I made a new group in the groups section for poetry, would people be interested?

Shizara
16-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Of course! I enjoyed ad libbing poetry with Chillitt but I write a lot of complete poems too.

chillitt
16-10-2006, 07:54 PM
a place for poets to rhyme without worry
a spot where typing means think, dont hurry
a thread for the pro or just willing amateur
for limerick, or couplet or iambic pentameter

Shizara
16-10-2006, 08:27 PM
A home for the thoughts bound up in the mind
To step off the world; leave it's worries behind.
Entice the reader; the imagination doth stretch
Will you paint them a picture or a fine pencil sketch?

optrex
17-10-2006, 09:11 AM
where do you two get it from? I just can't do it

Shizara
17-10-2006, 10:23 AM
It just "falls out" - or so it seems. I guess you can learn how to rhyme and poetry does comes in many forms. Sometimes it is about taking an imaginative and humorous view of life and making it spontaneous. I remember your verse in the long poem on the "morning" link. It fitted in just fine! Other times you feel compelled to impart more in your writing than that which can superficially be seen. This means that you can read something for it's face value and certainly get much from it, however, other people will actually find the rest. As in all things it can be subject to interpretation by the reader. To be honest, sometimes I find it darned scarey.

I wrote a non rhyming tale about "The Old Man of the Sea", filed it away with all the rest... then some 12 months or so down the track my Dad died. I wrote his eulogy and looking for something to share I was skimming through the poems and this one jumped out - not literally. I read it through and a very uncanny realization dawned. At the time I was just writing, or so I thought, a tale of an old man of the sea, however, reading it through again I thought.. "Oh, my God... this is my father..." Here is where reading for the sake of the story itself, finding symbolism within the story and reading it for meaning comes in.

Sometimes something is there naturally. Like a natural rhythm in musicians. But the deeper meanings in things are felt or sensed by the individual themselves, both the writer and the reader.

Within all of us is the ability to write even a few lines of poetry. Relax, enjoy, and let it out so we can all benefit, including you, the writer.

Will
17-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Poets Corner is now open in the groups section. :)

cathidaw
11-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Hallo there Will
I love the poets corner but never seem to be able to find it unless I press search-I'm sure it's me being thick.
I havent seen much poetry lately, and :mad: I need inspiring :mad: :( !

Shizara
11-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I havent seen much poetry lately, and I need inspiring !

Time for another Chillit/Shizara adventure?