PDA

View Full Version : Weather it...

Shizara
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Many threads have mentioned the weather, which, as a subject for a discussion of approval or whinging about, is a national, in fact an international pastime. But the bottom line is, whatever nature - albeit with assistance from mankind - throws our way we still have to "weather it" in some way, shape or form. From the slip, slap, slop routine for the sunny summer days to raincoat, brollie and gumboots - Wellington boots I think you call them here for the wet and miserable days.

It would almost seem that the o/' Lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer... o/' have left us. I am guilty of having turned on the electric blanket in the last couple of nights. - I don't do cold. I guess too that the wet autumn leaves will provide a nice slippery coating for the railway tracks and cause much mirth amongst the passengers when an apology is made regarding the slow running of their train being due to the wrong kind of leaves on the track. Ah well, at least there are always scapegoats:

When things go wrong and ruin your day
And the skies are turning a miserable gray;
Weather can take a share of the blame
Along with the bloke of "Sod's Law" fame.

optrex
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Its definately a human past-time - whinging about the weather and the good news is there is more of the bad stuff to come this weekend ;)

Shizara
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Giggles - thanks for that. Localised or nationwide for the rough stuff? Am going to Blackpuddle for the weekend so guess I will need the gumboots and the raincoat. Sounds like the brollie won't be an option unless I don't mind the Mary Poppins effect.

optrex
05-10-2006, 11:37 AM
OMG! You may just catch it badly there. More detailed info is carried on the weather sites of course.

chillitt
05-10-2006, 11:59 AM
get out there, its only water!:D

Shizara
05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Hang on, will check to see if my webbed feet are up to the job. - Quack!

Would think that at the very least the course of wisdom would be to keep away from the coastline area. In rough weather the waves respond with incredible surges and the unwary - or stupid as the case may be - find themselves on the wrong end of nature.

I will keep a watch on the weather sites too. Thank you.

Shizara
05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
.... and might even indulge in a bit of on the spot reporting.

optrex
05-10-2006, 01:13 PM
.... and might even indulge in a bit of on the spot reporting.

That would be good - a camera or video goes down well too ;)

Shizara
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Will be armed with the cameraphone - hopefully my newer one will be back from the fixit people, otherwise the older Nokia cameraphone will do - also my normal camera which does wee movies.

Shizara
06-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Am in Devon this week and it would be fair t o say that for much of the time it hasn't been sunny. But, today, superb ... and wouldn't you know it? Heading back to Nuneaton tomorrow.

cathidaw
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I too have been away.........in sunny Oxfordshire.......baby sitting for a week.
Quite nice really except that I am not used to getting up early nowadays to take the children to school.

I photographed a wedding on Saturday in the village. The weather was perfect -after many Saturdays of rain.
No doubt when I have a holiday it will be very different, although I dont want it hot.

Nice village -very beautful-no shops for 3 miles, (and then only 2,) 1 small pub, one church, and a village hall.
Everyone in the village went to the wedding, standing room only in the church, and more outside, and even though it was not amplified the doors were open and they all sang. It was also lovely to see so many children there and all joining in. It does not happen that way very often in towns.

A day to remember.

Shizara
11-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Whilst away managed to even log on with the laptop and using my mobile as the modem and with one miserable bar of coverage. So caught up here most days.

That sounded like a lovely day out for you. Weddings are nice to watch, especially those in an old church in a village.