PDA

View Full Version : From the mobile

Shizara
30-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Am pleased to report that I can log on, read and post using WebNwalk.

Shizara
30-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Back on the PC. I wanted to see if it could log on, read and post from the mobile in case I spotted something of interest I wanted to post whilst on my travels.

Will
30-09-2006, 05:51 PM
That's brilliant work Shiz! I really should update my mobile, it doesn't even have a colour screen. I'm quite tight when it comes to mobile phones though. :)

Shizara
30-09-2006, 05:55 PM
I knew there had to be a way. So glad I found it.

Points Chillitt to posting with the mobile for on the spot reporting ;-)

chillitt
30-09-2006, 06:01 PM
sorry i'm with will on this one.. to qualify as a suitable phone for me, a mate has to use it for 12 months first, then upgrade..:D

Shizara
30-09-2006, 06:03 PM
I don't know how this will work with other mobiles but I am using T-Mobile webNwalk on a Nokia. Previously I tried connecting to the net but I couldn't get far on the website. Today I updated the webNwalk software and away we go. It has a wee Google searchy page so can either url or type in warwickshireonline and select that when it comes up. Then, when you arrive at the webpage follow your nose and don't forget to scroll down to get the rest of the page. Remember it is adapted for viewing on a mobile phone.

I would think that each phone company might differ a little in how you approach things but I wouldn't think there is a lot of variation on the basics. Besides, if I have been able to work it out I am sure the rest of you can.

optrex
30-09-2006, 07:09 PM
You might find that mobile access is quicker using the archives to view - they also have a little pda version which is quite quick at loading.

http://warwickshireonline.com/archive

Shizara
30-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Excellent. Thank you for that :)

Will
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
You might find that mobile access is quicker using the archives to view - they also have a little pda version which is quite quick at loading.

http://warwickshireonline.com/archive
:yeahthat: