PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

optrex
27-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys,

I found WO from the vB fourms (we both use the same software) and seeing as we are near neighbours (I live on the Staffordshire/Warwickshire border) I thought I would pop by and say hello.

I must say it looks as though Will has put in a lot of effort, which is key to a successful forum and I'm sure WO continue to grow.

Will
27-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome Optrex,

By an amazing coincidence I joined your forum the other night, haven't posted there yet though. It's good to have close ties with a similar site from the next county. Good on ya, I'll talk more when I'm not at work. :)

Jason1976
27-09-2006, 05:12 PM
HI! Should be handy having a weather person on the forums...So are we in for much more of the INdian Summer? Today looks as if it may have died it's final death, but that wouldn't be the first time recently. Anyhoo, glad you're here.

optrex
27-09-2006, 05:52 PM
HI! Should be handy having a weather person on the forums...So are we in for much more of the INdian Summer? Today looks as if it may have died it's final death, but that wouldn't be the first time recently. Anyhoo, glad you're here.

Thanks for the welcome Jason

You're not going to get much of a summer this week. The remnants of Hurricane Helene are over Ireland now, although we're not going to suffer that much on our part of the world.

Look forward to catching up later Will ;)

Shizara
28-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Welcome optrex!

I have to say that summers here are becoming more like kiwi summers. Having arrived in this part of the world at the end of a year there was a new experience in store for me. Sharing a flat in Edinburgh I woke on Christmas day to snow softly falling. In the southern hemisphere it is summer during Christmas,yet, most of us still cooked a traditonal dinner. Waking to snow on Christmas day was something only seen on cards and in movies. It s not something I am likely to forget.

optrex
28-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I think even us Brits get that feeling, especially nowadays. There seems to be very little in the way of snow, with winters getting warmer and wetter.

Shizara
28-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Hmm... any chance you could get the snowmaker to work overtime on Christmas morning?

chillitt
28-09-2006, 09:09 PM
now that would be a sight for sore eyes...

Shizara
28-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Giggles - the snowmaker's sore eyes because he has had a wee drop of the whiskey to warm the cockles of his heart?

chillitt
29-09-2006, 12:00 AM
no no no, optrex- sore eyes... see? optrex... look some one was going to say it sooner or later...(for those of a colonial disposition, optrex is a sort of eyewash..:rolleyes: )

Shizara
29-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Optrex does indeed work well for sore eyes. Now, can all those involved in snowmaking for Christmas morning please be sure to import a bottle each so that the sore eyes do not burn holes in the snow?