PDA

View Full Version : Zizzi's in Leamington

Steve W
27-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Has anybody eaten at Zizzi's in Leamington (next to the Regent Hotel in the old Officers Club building)?

I'd eaten there before and found the food and service excellent.

My wife and I went there last night with my dad and his girlfriend, and although the food was delicious, the service was terribly slow, and they got both our starter order and our main course order wrong. Because one dish was wrong with the main, I had to wait over half an hour for my main course whilst the rest tucked into their food. I found this quite bad. It was busy admittedly, but the waiters didn't seem to keep track of who they are serving etc.

The food when it arrived was excellent, but the service has put me off going back there a bit.

Another party next to us had to wait over an hour for their main course, and when it arrived, they'd only ordered pizza.

Anyone else had any bad experiences with the place?

Leofric
30-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Has anybody eaten at Zizzi's in Leamington (next to the Regent Hotel in the old Officers Club building)?

I'd eaten there before and found the food and service excellent.

My wife and I went there last night with my dad and his girlfriend, and although the food was delicious, the service was terribly slow, and they got both our starter order and our main course order wrong. Because one dish was wrong with the main, I had to wait over half an hour for my main course whilst the rest tucked into their food. I found this quite bad. It was busy admittedly, but the waiters didn't seem to keep track of who they are serving etc.

The food when it arrived was excellent, but the service has put me off going back there a bit.

Another party next to us had to wait over an hour for their main course, and when it arrived, they'd only ordered pizza.

Anyone else had any bad experiences with the place?

We tried that new Italian (Strada) the other weekend. It was OK. Wouldn't go back unless we had to. Staff were nice and service would good, food was edible, just not very spectacular.

There's a restaurant on the same road as "Waterstones" that's very poor. Can't recall its name.

Might give Zizzi's a try next time we're there (Which is quite often!). I'm pretty underwhelmed with Leam's restaurants so far. They all seem a bit, erm, "Pensioner-ish".

Leofric
03-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Tried Zizzi's this weekend...
Not bad - nice starter, and a decent pizza, although the base seemed a little bit stodgy. Having said that, it was nice and thin.

Not sure I'd rush back again, but it was good value for money - much cheaper than eating out in Coventry!

Unregistered
09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Well I've eaten there twice and both times the service was really very bad indeed - I'd recommend avoiding it unless you're desperate to go.

Mari
24-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Well I've eaten there twice and both times the service was really very bad indeed - I'd recommend avoiding it unless you're desperate to go.

I went in Zizzi's once and was not too impressed with the place.
The table was dirty and my chair was all sticky. I walked out.

Mari
24-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Cafe Rouge is average.
Nicholini's at the top of the town are very good.
Haven't tried Restaurant 23 yet. Bit expensive.