PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning!

Sandman
09-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Hello Anyone who's reading this, I thought we could do with a good morning thread. SO here it is, good morning to you! I hope all the guests that are here decide to join up. :)

Will
09-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Good morning to you Sir Sandman!

Yes I think every good forum needs a good morning thread, and dare I say a goodnight one too. Loving your work. ;)

Abbie
09-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Good morning!

Website is looking 10 times better already, I like the colours more and I'm glad you got rid of that horrible splash page. Keep up the good work young Will! :)

Will
10-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Good Morning! I'm going to be at work until 7pm today, so I doubt I'll be about much today. But have a good day everyone, and be good. :)

Shizara
28-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Yawwwn. Good morning at 5.30 am
Time for a quick coffee and mail check then off shortly for the first train. Have a good day!

Heigh Ho!

Will
28-04-2006, 12:35 PM
WOw, I thought I got up early in the morning. :)

Have a good day!

M4gg1c
28-04-2006, 04:06 PM
WOw, I thought I got up early in the morning. :)

Have a good day!
Bless you all - when I was working I used to get up at 5.30am to catch a train to be in work by 7.30. Oh the joys of being retired! - I get up now when I wake up!!

Will
28-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm jealous now M4gg1c!

Shizara
28-04-2006, 10:14 PM
That time of the morning and earlier my father used to call "sparrow fart". My earliest shift starts at 4.17 am, now that's painful.

Will
29-04-2006, 07:37 AM
That's just plain too early!

Shizara
29-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Of course it is "plain too early" - try telling the passengers that need to catch early services somewhere ;-)

chillitt
29-04-2006, 10:29 PM
i'm still half asleep at 4 in the afternoon, never mind 4 in the morning...

Shizara
30-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Giggles.. no wonder you run on empty...

And, and, and... it's morning again!! This time 1.09 am. Probably indulge in some shuteye time shortly.

M4gg1c
01-05-2006, 06:10 AM
Good morning everybody!
For some unknown reason I woke before dawn this morning (about 4am - it was still dark!) After returning to bed for a couple of hours I got up at 6.30 and realised that it's a typical Bank Holiday Monday morning - grey and pouring with rain! Isn't it a shame - I always feel so sorry for those people who have gone to such trouble to organise events only to find they're a washout. Anyway - whatever you're doing today, have a good one.

Shizara
01-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Bank Holiday Monday. Those that have had the weekend away will be travelling home. I will be "heigh ho-ing" to the saltmine again which will likely come accompanied with lots travelling on the trains either from the weekend away or coming/going shopping. This will mean suitcases of a size and weight that most of our grandparents didn't see in their day and lots of store shopping bag carriers loaded with goodies.

Whatever you are doing today, enjoy, despite the fact that the skies are grey and miserable looking, put your own sunshine into the day.

M4gg1c
01-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Happy hiking Lex - you've chosen a great place for it. I heard the weather forecast this evening and we're supposed to get temperatures of 22 degrees by Thursday - let's hope they've got it right for once!

Shizara
02-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Another morning is well underway. Am off to Newcastle again so a further day of adventures on the rail ;-)

Yesterday I seemed to have been overwhelmed with £20 notes for small value items, which, as you can imagine, made the float look a bit on the lean side. So, on to the PA, time to make an announcement but an "extra" tagged on at the end:

"....... Today we seem to have had a money machine onboard printing out £20 notes. Unfortunately the wee bank in the shop has run out of change so the next time you visit if you could bring smaller denominations it would be much appreciated."

This had the desired effect. When they came down they were having a wee giggle and had dug into pockets for change closer to that which they were spending. One lady was most apologetic and said she had been at the machine that prints £20 notes too.

All in a day's work. Have a good day today and remember.. after today there are only 3 days left to another weekend.

Will
02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
That would be great news if I didn't have to work all weekend. :(

Still, once it's over I'm back on the quiet week again. :)

Shizara
03-05-2006, 06:28 AM
It's that time of the day again - morning. I have an easyish but necessary job today followed by 2 days off. There is a grave danger I may well lie in a bit tomorrow but will probably need to get up, have a cuppa then go back for the lie in or the percussion band will set up a jam session in my head.

Shizara
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Hope you get a fresh, clear morning to begin your hiking .. make sure you wear the camera button out too.

Happy Hiking Lex!

M4gg1c
04-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks M4gg1c; had a brilliant couple of walks so far. Wensleydale was a tad damp yesterday; but turned a nice shade of red/brown in Swaledale today.:D
Hi Lex
Glad you are having fun! Did you have chance to pop into Wallace & Gromit's cheese factory in Wensleydale and sample the goods - a very pleasant experience. Did you know that Yorkshire people like to eat a slice of cheese with rich fruit cake (especially Christmas cake) That's a tradition that often suprises our friends! Can I hear you saying 'ewwww'? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
Happy hiking - bring back some photos to show us

Shizara
09-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Oooer... another morning is upon us. I looked outside and grimaced at the sight unfolding before my barely open, unfocussed eyes and saw roads and paths that shone and a gloomy, misty sky. Looks like I will have to do the Mary Poppins thing this morning... out with the umbrella. Now, that could be an idea. It would save the hassle of seeing if there was a train to get me to or from work... meantime, until that idea or a teleport is perfected it is heigh ho and away to the saltmine - by train.

Will
09-05-2006, 09:18 AM
I knew it was going to be gloomy today and yesterday, because they are my days off this week. Tomorrow when I'm at work, I bet it's 30 degrees or something. :)

chillitt
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
sorry chaps, weather is my fault.. birthday barbie tonite! (what was i thinking...):)

M4gg1c
09-05-2006, 12:16 PM
sorry chaps, weather is my fault.. birthday barbie tonite! (what was i thinking...):)

Is it YOUR birthday today Chillitt? - if so, have a good 'un.
It is now 1.10pm and the weather (in Coventry) has brightened up considerably. I hope therefore that your BBQ isn't a washout after all!

Shizara
09-05-2006, 05:41 PM
:birthday:

The weather has turned into nice barbecue weather. Have a good night and a wonderful birthday Chillitt.

chillitt
09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
just about to light up.. got tomorrow booked off, after all, you are only 40 once...:cool: :thumbs2: hey a smily with my name on it!:chillpill:

Shizara
15-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Morning!!

Was up at 4.45 am this morning, opened curtains in living room and was greeted with a golden sky as the sun was rising. A huge golden orb, glowing in the sky. Off to Bonnie Scotland today so hope the aircon onboard works both ways ;-) because I think another scorcher is on the way. Have a good one!

Sandman
15-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Wow, I wish I could get up early enough to see that. :)

Shizara
16-07-2006, 09:15 PM
After a week enjoying the lovely weather at the seaside it is back into harness and back to the saltmine in the morning. Up at 4.00 am.

Shizara
17-07-2006, 06:43 PM
well.. starting at that hour comes with pluses and minuses.. the minus bit is it can cost £35 to get a taxi in for work. But, aside from that.... can I have another week away? Holiday was superb. Stayed about 10 minutes walk from the seaside and not in a holiday park it was a privately owned holiday flat.

Shizara
24-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Yawwwwn.... up at "sensible o'clock" today. A late shift to follow then 3 days off. All that has to be good, but the temptation to get back into bed, snuggle down and catch a few more zzzzzzs is very great. Always better to make the effort and get up. Have found that if you do return to sleep sometimes it is at great risk and you finish up sleeping even later.

Will
24-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Morning, already been at work three hours, and am just getting started on my third cup of tea. I have to go out tonight as well.

Shizara
24-08-2006, 09:15 AM
:) Have almost forgotten what it is like working Mon - Fri 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. The plus side of early starts is getting home earlier. Yesterday was a bit short on zzzzzs the previous few nights so went to bed for a few hours to top the batteries.

Shizara
02-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Morning! - The sparrows are farting now ;)

Actually got to have a lie in this morning which makes a change. Wonder what exciting things will happen today.

Shizara
02-09-2006, 09:40 PM
If numbers are involved... pass... next offer?

Shizara
25-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Monday morning again and we are on a steady march towards Christmas so watch out for the Christmas decorations about the town. Hopefully this year I will get to see some "lights on" events in the local towns. The last few years I have been at work and missed them.

chillitt
25-09-2006, 09:33 AM
if you want to see proper christmas decorations come to warwick for the victorian fair, its a proper job!
now lets have no more talk of christmas for at least 2 months, its september, for heavens sake!:rolleyes: (especially on monday mornings)((doubly so when its the monday morning after a week off...:( ))

Shizara
25-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Tempus fugit!!

Monday morning after a week off? Dreadful day. But, never fear, cheer is here! Monday hasn't much left to it and it will soon be Tuesday putting you on the road towards another weekend off :beerchug:

chillitt
25-09-2006, 11:07 PM
now tuesdays here and just as bad!
i'm off to chauffeur my mum and dad
to spend the day hither and yon
and just like that, another days gone...:rolleyes:

Shizara
25-09-2006, 11:56 PM
When Wednesday arrives you are half way there
The clock you do frustratingly stare
You long for the weekend to return again
But here you are... betwixt the twain.

chillitt
26-09-2006, 11:46 PM
so here we sit, the week devided
a good one too? i've not decided
its drifting by and trouble free
i think that is enough for me:rolleyes:

Shizara
28-09-2006, 08:51 PM
The end is nigh; do you feel forlorn?
Friday cometh; a new weekend is born
On with the show! Not a minute to waste,
Monday will return; work - again - to be faced.

chillitt
28-09-2006, 09:07 PM
thursdays child has lost the plot
the week should be over and yet its not
friday comes and brings great joy,
but not for me, the saturday boy...

Shizara
28-09-2006, 10:16 PM
And lo, your troubles have only begun;
Saturday's boy, the seeker of fun.
Surely, as the sun rises in the morn...
Sunday will arrive ... a hangover is born!

chillitt
28-09-2006, 11:58 PM
and sunday i escape the hordes
but i have to help fit skirting boards!
to measure and saw and sand and paint
an easy life, i'll tell you it aint!

Shizara
30-09-2006, 07:50 AM
The joys of man; capable with his hands
Maintaining and fixing are the jobs that he lands.
Your weekend time is not always your own;
Would you rather be the Ranger that is usually called Sloane?

chillitt
30-09-2006, 05:05 PM
i'm a simple man of simple pleasure
i have no time for idle leisure
i'll work for fun or work for friends
thats why the amusement never ends!

Shizara
01-10-2006, 02:56 PM
And so begins another week
Slaving hard; our souls to keep
The taxman takes another bite;
He rubs his hands in sheer delight!

chillitt
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
it wasn't the work that wore me down,
i i didn't choke and i didn't drown
i haven't died or been un horsed
i had my poetic licence indorsed..

i will attempt to make ammends
bringing you lines with similar ends
the grammars bad, the syntax worse
a hapless poet,the readers curse...

Shizara
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Lady Godiva came galloping by?
Sir Chillitt resisted her playful try?
Her blonde hair flying as a horse's mane
Am sure she will return, time and again!

The hospital, by George, breathes a sigh of relief
One less to admit, one less to feel grief.
Syntax and grammar; punctuation, no less
Am hardly well qualified; I have to confess.

optrex
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
The two of you, do have great verse
The lines I write, are twice as worse
Creative, me? Alas I'm not!
Just put me down, or have me shot

chillitt
05-10-2006, 03:07 PM
the conker falls with great relief,
free of shell and free of leaf
it hits the ground so soft and wet
and thinks, thats it, i'm set!

it lies among the mulch and litter
not impatient, not a quitter
waiting for the end of winter
dreaming of roots, branch and splinter

but small boys come and dogs as well
to whisk them off to conkers hell
drilled and strung or chewed and spat
baked or pickled or swallowed and sha!

but this conker queitly waited
then on adams ale intoxicated
as springtime warmth starts the race
this years saplings show their face

then time rolls by and its shadow grows
this twig into a Chestnut grows
as it too now sets its children free,
it knows what it is, to be a tree.

chillitt
05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
if bad poems, rhymes or verse
are your delight, but you seek worse
the very best place for ditties horrible
why not google the great mcgonagle

Shizara
08-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Why choose the words of another hand
When your mind, it is, in another land?
Like the wind that is eternally free
Yield to your thoughts; cast your nets to the sea.

chillitt
08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
but i'm thick of head and full of cold
i'm high on lemsip and feeling old
i'm burning up and looking grotty
i'll try again when not so snotty

Shizara
08-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Chicken soup is what you need,
A wasted weekend? Yes indeed.
The least the germs could surely do
Is lay you low when Monday's due!

chillitt
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
a hot totty and chicken soup
will surely get me back in the loop
but the cupboards bare so i'm off to bed
and i'll have to take some whisky instead..

Shizara
09-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Whiskey will make the head ache more
You'll cringe when someone slams a door.
Unless you live in Timbucktoo;
TESCO might deliver your food to you.

chillitt
10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
the cold has gone, i'm surely cured,
im well enough for the written word,
and tomorrow im off, i'll sit and chill,
makes up for a sunday spent feeling ill.

Shizara
11-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Tomorrow now has become today
And the day that's gone becomes yesterday
Wednesday now is underway;
It will soon be Friday; What can I say?

chillitt
11-10-2006, 10:35 AM
now i dont want to sound like i'm complaining
but its my day off and now its raining
theres lawns to mow and borders to dig
i'm not going out there while the clouds are this big

Shizara
11-10-2006, 02:06 PM
The clouds are providing bountiful rain
Now the grass will grow and need mowing again.
Relax and have the time of your life...
The next day gardening means the weeds will be rife!

Lex
19-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Morning all, and a happy weekend to everyone! Hope your all going to build a snowman today.;)

Shizara
19-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Morning has escaped but hello anyway!! Not done the snowman building have been scraping the ice off the stairs.

I just read the rhymes up there that chillitt and I wrote er... 6 years ago. Had almost forgotten about that one.

Lex
19-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I find it interesting to occasionally trawl through the old threads and revive the odd one or 2 :) It'd be great to see Chillit on WOL again - if you're out there, come back buddy!