PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested over stabbing death

NewsBot
21-09-2006, 02:39 PM
A 44-year-old man is arrested over the death of a man who was stabbed in the neck.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/5366688.stm)

Steve W
27-09-2006, 10:27 AM
This occurred in Christine Ledger Square in Leamington old town, off brunswick street. I can see the place from my flat

Paul
27-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Why is Leamington like this? It seems like such a nice town by day, but can a war zone at night.

Steve W
27-09-2006, 01:23 PM
I have no idea. Leamington is a lovely town, with great parks, good shopping etc. But it's also full of drunks, yobs, drug users and mouthy chavs which just spoil it all for the rest of us.

optrex
27-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Are they imported drunks and chavs from local areas or are they home bred?

Steve W
27-09-2006, 02:34 PM
EDITED:

A bit of both I think. Just last week we had a disturbance where I live, with some bloke banging the heck out of the entrance to the flats I live in, and shouting his head off. My wife thought he had a knife in his hand, but the next day when my wife left to take our little boy to school, she noticed that he'd been carrying a needle and had left it on the floor outside, with something still inside it.

We've also had vagrants sleeping in a sheltered area that is part of our garages. We've had to confront them ourselves, as when we have phoned the police, they have not been bothered, or have said it's a civil matter. In the ned we had to shell out to get gates and locks put on the sheltered area as a deterrent

It's awful. The police don't want to know. What are we supposed to do?

We have a lot of trouble with this sort of thing near our flats, and everytime we report it to the police, nothing seems to be done. They just cannot be bothered, or they put you in a queue and by the time you get to talk to somebody, the person causing the disturbance is gone.

I don't think the police or the council are doing enough to combat this growing issue.

optrex
27-09-2006, 02:52 PM
It does seem to be an issue - dont you have these new civilian police round your way? I can't think what they are properly called community support officers or something. Sounds just like their cup of tea.

Steve W
27-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah they are called Community Support Officers. When I spoke to Leamington Police they said the issue had been passed on to the "Brunswick Team", which I believe consists of two community support officers, but they are hardly ever about. When you have a situation like the one I described above, you want an instant response, not the next day, or a few days later, but that's the response time at the moment it seems.