PDA

View Full Version : Air Fryers

margaret
13-04-2022, 07:30 AM
I am considering purchasing an Air Fryer and would like to know if anyone here has one and are they greatly more economical to use?

:confused:

Shizara
13-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Hi Margaret, I am staying with a friend who has an air fryer and for up to two people I find it brilliant. It has pre set cooking temps and times which can be tweaked to your needs or use as pre set. I do a lot of stuff in it and get the best use by putting a rack in eg 2 potato waffles on top and 2 below sitting on a piece of foil at the bottom that does not cover the entire bottom so the hot air still circulates. If using packet stuff I usually use the temp recommended for a fan oven and it seems to be quicker cooking. I haven't added any oil spray. Going to cook a salmon fillet tonight wrapped in foil on the rack. Overall I find it more economical. As time goes by and I become more confident with using it I am more adventurous. Have even done an Asda steak and Ale pie in a foil container by sitting it on the rack. If you want to know more just ask, am not an expert but have been learning fast.

margaret
13-04-2022, 01:25 PM
Thanks, that's interesting. How long does the steak or chicken fillets. or A whole chicken?
Is the basket drawer/basket teflon coated/

Are they any better than mini electric ovens?

rebbonk
13-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Might I enquire about the running costs, Shizara?

In the past, I've used various kitchen appliances but have often found that things like filters are unreasonably expensive to replace.

Shizara
15-04-2022, 10:43 AM
Hmm.. Typed a response then managed to delete it.

In short, this one has been in regular use for 2 years. I make a point of handwashing the basket and the tray in hot' soapy water with a non scratch scouring pad unless I have put something like a pie in a foil container in which case it will probably only need a wipe for any crumbs. I have researched the price of a replacement basket and considered the price - once I actually found one - it is an older model - to be unreasonable, however the current one doesn't need replacing. You might find this website useful:

https://www.airfryermarket.com/do-air-fryers-consume-a-lot-of-electricity/

rebbonk
15-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Shizara.