PDA

View Full Version : Stratford FC in Tiddington

Will
15-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm a little confused by this. While I think it's great to have a important sporting facility like this in Stratford (I'm not sure what happened to the old one), there's something that seems to have been overlooked. I live local to Tiddington, and I couldn't help noticing the rather blatant fact, that we already have a football ground here! It's surrounded by a lot of empty land, which also gets used for football as well as other sporting activities.

Wouldn't it make a whole heap of sense to simply upgrade these existing facilities, rather then spending Two Million pounds on brand new facilities? What will become of the old facilities as a result? Also the location is a lot better being on a main road, so better access and more people are going to know about it.

Am I missing something here?

Shizara
17-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes it would make a whole heap of sense to simply upgrade existing facilities rather than a spend of two million pounds on brand new facilities. This leads you to thinking of possible agendas such as selling off of the existing at a huge ££££££££ profit especially with it's location values or using the same location to build something else upon that will give prominance to person or persons unknown? I guess another possible, giving the benefit of the doubt, that there are planning/building restrictions with regard to the current site - though I would have thought they could have been conveniently overcome given the ownership. - I'll shutup now but do wonder what planet they are on :coco: