PDA

View Full Version : Electric Car Plant talks , Somerset.

margaret
26-08-2021, 05:01 AM
Sky News reports the Rivian talks are not yet at an advanced stage, and Britain is facing competition from rival proposals in Germany and the Netherlands, however industry sources say any investment decision is likely to be ultimately worth well over £1bn.

The talks with ministers are understood to be focused on a facility to manufacture Rivian vehicles, rather than the batteries used to power them, although insiders said that the negotiations were fluid and could yet shift towards a gigafactory

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/rivian-uk-factory-tesla-musk-5826422?fbclid=IwAR16TeH05B7ZeYPkwqb98ZwwQaV52jc3f MzrzmHtyldlrsFuZ5l5yvm57JI

rebbonk
26-08-2021, 11:58 AM
I really worry about the way we're rushing headlong into electric vehicles. Far too much simply doesn't add up, I can see the UK catching a real cold.

margaret
26-08-2021, 07:55 PM
My view is the whole thing is a giant scam, like fracking. Almost certainly legislation will be put in place to phase them out (and they will end up in museums like fax machines). It's part of the 4th Industrial revolution, AI and all the other over hyped crap.

Lex
27-08-2021, 08:21 AM
I think the whole thing's going to run into a wall. Apparently, there simply aren't enough rare earth minerals etc. to build batteries for the 100s of missions of vehicles need to replace the current lot.