PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Oz!

Billy
08-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm not so much an ex-pat as a backpacker on my year out. I'm currently residing in Sydney, but I come from Leamington Spa originally. I'm going to let my family know about this site, so I can stay in touch with them, and let everyone else know about my travels at the same time.

If I can be arsed that is. :p

Nice site anyway, best of luck!

Will
13-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Billy,

I was in Sydney for a while, I really enjoyed living there. You've got St. Patric's day coming up soon, that's always a huge party in Sydney. :)

JWR
14-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Like Forum Admin Will. I too was there for paddys day....it was my birth day , get down to scruffy murphys . . . where the guiness never stops flowing, your guaranteed a top night out.
Wish i was still there.
Best of luck for your travels billy.

Nice to see this new site already has some international posts !!!
Top site Forum will....best online community site ive seen for a while !

Hope lots more people get on board.

James R

Shizara
02-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Have you learnt to shake your shoes before putting them on in case an 8 legged creature has found it's way into a cosy, dark place for a nap?

Will
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
It's a lesson I probably should have learned. I did learn not to let a huntsman spider climb inside my tent just before I planned on going to sleep though. :)

Shizara
02-05-2006, 11:45 AM
Clearly you didn't have the :Welcome: sign for the uninvited visitor but more like the :Protest_emoticon:

Huntsmen always seemed big and hairy to me like the NZ Avondale spider - the ones used in Arachnophobia. As a child with an extremely active imagination - nothing changed there - I used to imagine them going kadoonk, kadoonk, kadoonk along the wall. My mother was sitting in an armchair one evening and an Uncle with a very dry sense of humour said to her "Don't look now Loie but there is a dirty, great, big Avondale spider walking up the front of your chair." Mum looked at him and said "Yeah, yeah, pull the other one." The next minute a pair of hairy legs appeared heading her way from the armrest. I can tell you that she was almost airborne. :eek:

Bubblychick
02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Eh you lot - stop talking about them things!

I'm an arachnophobic so you won't get me over to Aussieland!

Though I do no people who've been and not seen any of them.

I guess the other phobia of mine though (which is snakes) wouldn't
allow me to have a stress free trip if I were to go. As I'd be constantly looking out for eithe 'things' everywhere!

bc

Will
02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
You really don't see any spiders unless you go camping in a forest like I did. Huntsmen are completely harmless just rather big, and apparently stupid enough to think running into my tent when I'm tired is a good idea.