PDA

View Full Version : Eeeeek!

Shizara
26-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Just had a frightening experience.. heard a noise at the window... leapt up.. peeped around corner of curtain on the bedroom window... there is a small tilt out window at the top.. there was an arm in it!! I did a bit of a panic.. pushed the arm out and slammed the tiny window shut. No chance of going back to sleep now.

Will
26-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Woh, was it someone trying to get in? I hope you called the police.

Shizara
26-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Assume getting in was the plan. The bottom window - which is big enough and easy enough to get in and out of - is always key locked. The top window is very narrow. As for calling the Police... well... my first inclination at the time was to get the arm out of the window asap. Thought about calling them but after my previous experience wondered if there was any point. I can't ID the arm as I didn't see the body on the end of it. They might log it then send me a victim support leaflet 6 months later.

If I sound cynical, then I am. Nearly 2 years ago someone tried to break my front door down because I refused to allow a total stranger entry especially as it was late at night. He threatened and abused me because I refused to open the door. I phoned the Police. The force behind his boot was such that my door hinges were moving. Soon I heard voices and all was quiet. A little while later my next door neighbour called out to see if I was ok. Opened the door shaking like an autumn leaf, thanked him and said I was fine. Next morning I phoned and asked what the story was. Seems a drunk male had allegedly lost his way home, they found him and guess what? They gave him a free ride home saving him a taxi fare! I wasn't amused and said so. Two weeks later I was interviewed and though 5 turned up to collect the "poor, lost soul" that night not one bothered to see if I was ok etc. Statements duly made, inspection of the door noting criminal damage they were to see if he would pay to replace the door or be arrested for criminal damage. Six months later, case dropped due to insufficient evidence and a victim support leaflet with the letter. I really felt let down. :(

chillitt
26-08-2006, 06:09 PM
if you had twisted the little finger around untill it made an unpleasant cracking noise it would be much easier to identify its owner...

Shizara
26-08-2006, 07:16 PM
True, but the hand had not quite made it inside the window.. elbow and forearm... guess hand in was the next move. Don't think he expected to be heard or someone to take some action. Just unfortunate he didn't take a tumble - preferably to the carpark.