PDA

View Full Version : Hello and help please

Alice
25-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi! My name is Alice and my boyfriend and I are looking to move to Warwickshire early next year. We have no ties to any particular area and the reason we are moving there is because he wants to LOL

I know nothing about it at all and I am worried that our lack of knowledege will lead us to move to an area that we regret.

I am in my mid twenties and he is in his late. My bofriend will be working from home most of the time but I will need to find a new job when we move.

I was REALLY hoping that you guys could help me with suggestions of areas to move to and places to avoid. We are looking at 3 bedroom houses around 225. I would really love to move to Stratford but it seems that properties there are hard to come by. I have a brother in Rugby but he doesnt seem to think much of it. HELLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!

Thank you SO much in advance!!

Will
25-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi Alice,

If you're really keen on Stratford, there are a lot of new houseing estates being built on several locations. The Bridgetown area has just been completed, and there may be something there for what you're looking for.

Alice
25-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the advice....just need to find out more info

I hope stratford is a good area

Will
25-08-2006, 08:37 PM
It's certainly a good area, everyone I've known who's visited the town has always had good things to say about it. I don't know what to tell you really, what kind of info are you looking for?

Alice
27-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Well just on the development and where I can find the listings of avalible houses.

I think the problem I am having is that I would actually like to move to a village, somewhere that is pretty quiet and although not in the middle of nowhere but somewhere that is nice and quiet but with good links to main roads, as my boyfriend will have to occasionally have to commute to London and Oxford.

I grew up in a pretty old market town and now I live in a busy city centre. I dont like living in the city but I would like to be able to access things like, theatres, restaurants, cinemas and shops etc in a relativly short car ride so a large town or city near by would be useful. I think somewhere small and quiet would be much more our thing after living in smog and noise.

Thanks for your help Will

Madhatter
06-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Alice,
The new estate up shipston road seems nice, it's on the edge(at the moment) so is quiet. Don't know what the local shops situation is like though. Stratford is a very nice town, Warwick and leamington are nice, Rugby is ok, got good shops a cinema etc. Avoid Brownsover though, Nuneaton is ok pretty much the same as Rugby but Avoid Camphill and Galley Common, Bedworth is too near Coventry, Coleshill is nice but too near Brum, Atherstone is nice probably the smallest market town, and it's got the advantage of being between Nuneaton and Tamworth. Not many places in Warwickshire are without excellent motorway links.

Leofric
07-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Well just on the development and where I can find the listings of avalible houses.

I think the problem I am having is that I would actually like to move to a village, somewhere that is pretty quiet and although not in the middle of nowhere but somewhere that is nice and quiet but with good links to main roads, as my boyfriend will have to occasionally have to commute to London and Oxford.

I grew up in a pretty old market town and now I live in a busy city centre. I dont like living in the city but I would like to be able to access things like, theatres, restaurants, cinemas and shops etc in a relativly short car ride so a large town or city near by would be useful. I think somewhere small and quiet would be much more our thing after living in smog and noise.

Thanks for your help Will

So you want the best of both worlds - a nice country village, but easy access to a city's facilities? You'd be better off with somewhere like Leamington/Warwick/Kenilworth, as you've got Warwick Uni Arts centre close by (On the outskirts of Coventry) as well as the growing facilities/shops in Coventry - theatre, cinemas, ice skating, etc. Leamington itself has some decent facilities.

Rugby is pretty boring, and the Coventry -> Rugby corridor seems to be getting built up.

Be warned: the area is very expensive. Nice bits of Coventry are way off the scale, as is most of Warwickshire. There are places like Wolston on the outskirts of Coventry - easy access to motorways and city.

The good think about Coventry is that it's not an oppressive conurbation on the South side, so you can live in the countryside and be close to the city's facilities. North, West and East it's a bit built up.

225K - think you might struggle - you may have to look at the new estates springing up in the region, as the small villages are very expensive. Avoid North Warwickshire, it's very pikey.

Madhatter
11-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Best of both worlds is north warwickshire its cheap friendly, quiet, and has the excellent services of Tamworth and Nuneaton. You also don't get people that go around calling other areas pikey when they aren't.

cathidaw
26-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Best of both worlds is north warwickshire its cheap friendly, quiet, and has the excellent services of Tamworth and Nuneaton. You also don't get people that go around calling other areas pikey when they aren't.

I dont find Bedworth 'too near Coventry'-- and you dont have to go there.---M6 is only one mile away Warwick Kenilworth and Stratford not far and easy to get to. Bedworth 'town'---joke-- ruined by lack of decent shops, but Civic hall with excellent shows.and plenty of pubs , clubs and societies. and
a beautiful park with golfing cricket and bowls. also sports centre
Nuneaton is just up the road----but who would want to go there?, although the shops are not bad.
There are some very attractive new houses and estates here. and countryside is within one mile from any direction in the town
I think it still has a reputation in 'outsiders' minds with old "black Beduth" as a mining town but all that has gone completely now.
The only people who call it Bedduth are outsiders
I came here for 5 years, --???--years ago. I : hated it but am still here although I dont hate it now and one day would like to move away==but the grass is always greener....

cathidaw
26-02-2007, 11:53 PM

I dont find Bedworth too near Coventry-- and you dont have to go there.---M6 is only one mile away Warwick Kenilworth and Stratford not far and easy to get to. Bedworth 'town'---s****** - ruined by lack of decent shops, but Civic hall with excellent shows.and plenty of pubs , clubs and societies. and
a beautiful park with golfing cricket and bowls. also sports centre
Nuneaton is just up the road--but who would want to go there, although the shops are not bad.
There are some very attractive new houses and estates. and countryside is within one mile from any direction in the town
I think it still has connection in 'outsiders' minds with old "black Beduth" as a mining town but all that has gone completely now.
The only people who call it Bedduth are outsiders
I came here for 5 years --!!!!--years ago. I :105: hated it but am still here although I dont hate it now and one day would like to move away==but the grass is always greener....

Madhatter
27-02-2007, 09:12 PM
You can say that again.

I agree, Bedworth is ok, the town centre is quite nice but has few shops. I personally do, find it too near cov. Bedworth suffers because its Nuneatons baby brother, so it's too near Nuneaton too for it's own good really.
In fact lets face facts the only town that gets any decent investment in warwickshire is Stratford. I went Rugby the other day and the town centre is as uninspiring as Nuneaton. The ONLY thing Nuneaton has that rugby doean't is a clean decent shopping centre albeit half the size of Rugby's. Clock towers despite having a recent revamp is still a scruffy dump, the lifts made me feel sick.
Stratford is king in Warwickshire cos it draws the most tourists.

Leofric
27-02-2007, 09:29 PM
You can say that again.

I agree, Bedworth is ok, the town centre is quite nice but has few shops. I personally do, find it too near cov. Bedworth suffers because its Nuneatons baby brother, so it's too near Nuneaton too for it's own good really.
In fact lets face facts the only town that gets any decent investment in warwickshire is Stratford. I went Rugby the other day and the town centre is as uninspiring as Nuneaton. The ONLY thing Nuneaton has that rugby doean't is a clean decent shopping centre albeit half the size of Rugby's. Clock towers despite having a recent revamp is still a scruffy dump, the lifts made me feel sick.
Stratford is king in Warwickshire cos it draws the most tourists.

Why is Bedworth's proximity to Coventry a problem?

Madhatter
27-02-2007, 10:26 PM
2 Million pound wasted, and I suppose thats match funding so there's another 2 Million, or is it 2 Million in total.
All the things that could have been done with that. Makes me feel sick that amount of money being wasted.

JWR
07-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Alice .

Im slightly biased as i live in stratford , like you im mid twenties (slowly becoming late twenties ) but i think you can find something in your price bracket. It really depends on how much space you want , the problem with new estates is that they are purpose built and i find them a bi clostraphobic , i have some friends who live on various different estates in and around town and they all seem to have purchased close to your budget . If i was moving to warwickshire , id certainly give stratford and the surrounding 5 mile areas a good look . House prices do very well here , it may be a little more to buy but it continues that way and ive seen a good increase since i purchased . Like i say , i am biased , but stratford been a tourist town, i find it always has a changing vibe about it , the town centre is always full of different people which means it never feels stagnant. Its a safe place to live with lots of places to go out , eat out , the theatre is obviously on the door stop and i can get to central london in an hour and 45 on a good day and oxford in an hour ish ...so the links are excellent . Warwick seems to be becoming a haven of new developments which is kind of spoiling it , leamington is nice , the prices are the same as stratford but there are deffinate good and bad areas of the town to buy in ........
Stratford has alot going for it , and there are lots of nice villages around the area, one area you may be interested in is wellsbourne about 4 miles out of stratford, its slighty cheaper and a little smaller but is still quite a nice place with local pubs etc and has the same excellent road links to pretty much anywhere and everywhere ..
Hope some of that is usefull to you ! Best of luck

James