PDA

View Full Version : The Leamington Society

Steve W
23-08-2006, 11:59 AM
I am getting fed up with the petty antics of the Leamington society. Archie Pitts' complaints in last week's Courier regarding his belief that petty crime has increased since the change in licencing laws is, in my opinion, completely unfounded.

Petty crime on the whole is on the increase, and the change in licencing laws has not been the cause of this. Unfortunately today's society is full of people who commit petty crimes, and just walk around with an imposing attitude at all times. If these people want to behave like this, they will do so regardless of any other factors, such as whether the pubs and clubs close at 11pm or 5am. These people have been brought up with little or no respect for the property and people around them and the only way in my opinion to fight this, is to impose stiffer penalties or sentences on those caught.

I do not think the Leamington police are very good at combating this, or more closer to the truth may be that they don't have the resources to combat it efficiently.

It is time to stop passing the blame off on people and just accept that today's society is full of people who will commit crimes, and will damage property, and will hurl abuse at people for no apparent reason etc etc etc. As I have already said, these people will do whatever it is they do regardless, and the only way to stop them is to punish them severely for it.

Sandman
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Here here!

We should have much tougher and more productive community service I think. Instead of just getting them cleaning litter and painting fences, have them sorting rubbish for recycling, planting trees, clearing sites of derelict buildings, etc.

Unregistered
16-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Here here!

We should have much tougher and more productive community service I think. Instead of just getting them cleaning litter and painting fences, have them sorting rubbish for recycling, planting trees, clearing sites of derelict buildings, etc.

Hey Sandman, how did you get to be a TV director ?