PDA

View Full Version : First Visit

RoadrunnerUK007
31-03-2006, 10:52 PM
New member ... probably the latest recruit, registered about 15 minutes ago. Married with family, two sons STILL!!! living at home age 26 and 24. I remember my own dad telling me the first 30 years were the worst ..... hmmmm roll on 2012. Have lived in Coventry all my life ... I know thats a punishment nobody deserves. I guess that quite often when you live somewhere you walk past the beauty every day and never notice. Its strange to see visitors enthuse over things you take for granted. If I could change one thing about coventry what would it be ... probably the city centre ... it closes at six pm with the shops, its desolate and (in the head if not in reality) dangerous. The city centre pubs are most occupied by underage drinkers although being totally honest (and probably showing my age) thats about all they are designed for ... bland and boring .... Well thats enough of my positive mood for tonight. happy to hear from anybody who would like to chat. Hobbies, I like writing .. have had two peoms published in the Coventry paper in the last week

Will
31-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Hi Roadrunner, welcome to the message boards!

There's a thread here about the redevelopment of Coventry that you'll probably find interesting, regarding it's look.

http://www.warwickshireonline.com/showthread.php?t=89

It's good that you like writing, as this is the perfect place to do lots of it. :D
You must post some of your poems sometime too, would like to read them.

I can relate to your sons too, I'm 27 and currently back living at home while I try to decide what to do next with my life. :) It'd probably be better if my parents kicked me out, I'd have to deal with it then. ;)

Enjoy the forums. :)

Abbie
02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
:signwerd: :D

Shizara
25-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Hiya Roadrunner!

Welcome from me too!!

The fastest way to not feel like a new kid on the block is to visit and post regularly.

Am I a regular yet? ;-)

Will
26-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I'd say you are Shiz. :)